[Suggestion] Alien Hunters Weapon Balance

Ithuriel

[Suggestion] Alien Hunters Weapon Balance

Post by Ithuriel »

So the weapons that you get out of Alien Hunters are pretty nice, but I've got a problem with them; I feel like once I get enough weapon upgrades to distribute liberally, at least the Bolt Caster would be weaker than intended. Sure, it gives +5 aim, but that's just outclassed by any scope above basic... I would think it's reasonable to allow one or two weapon upgrade slots on the Bolt Caster- but of course disallowing expanded mags or autoloaders. Thoughts?
NoDebate

Re: [Suggestion] Alien Hunters Weapon Balance

Post by NoDebate »

Why not just boost the Aim on all tiers of Bolt Caster by +5?

I'm playing with a base +10 Aim / Crit Bolt Caster, doesn't feel horribly broken.
8wayz

Re: [Suggestion] Alien Hunters Weapon Balance

Post by 8wayz »

Both from development and ingame point of view it will be better just to adjust the stats of the weapons via the .ini file.

As it stands currently the Bolt rifle is on par with a Laser Rifle, but also has 1 Shred and 20% chance Stun. It also has in-built Crit Chance.

As you go to the higher tiers, it gets better damage and aim than the regular rifle at its tier.

Modify the Aim Bonus if you will and give it a try. To me it is at a sweet spot where it has utility earlier in the game and as you progress and upgrade it is just flat-out better than a regular rifle.