You'll Need This?

Undershaft

Re: You'll Need This?

Post by Undershaft »

LordYanaek wrote:This mod isn't convenient, it's required if you want to use Autoloaders. Autoloaders are pieces of cr.. without this mod.
I disagree. It depends on class, the type of mission and the quality of autoloader. A serial sniper will profit immensely from even a standard autoloader. A ranger with an Elite one and an extended magazine can also fire without pause. For me, the autoloader is very useful as it is (not universally so, but the other weapon upgrades are neither, except for maybe scopes ) and would be overpowered if it hadn't the current limitation.
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

I downloaded the mod so long ago that I forgot autoloader didn't work that way in the base game.

And yeah, autoloaders are pretty useless without the mod. Very often I will finish a pod with 1 or 2 rounds left and then I'll have to either waste an autoloader use or go into the next fight unable to use some of my abilities that needs multiple rounds.
Undershaft

Post by Undershaft »

nightwyrm wrote: And yeah, autoloaders are pretty useless without the mod. Very often I will finish a pod with 1 or 2 rounds left and then I'll have to either waste an autoloader use or go into the next fight unable to use some of my abilities that needs multiple rounds.
So what you're saying is that standard autoloaders are of limited use to *gunners*. Maybe. But snipers, rangers and assaults can use them very well.
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

Undershaft wrote:
nightwyrm wrote: And yeah, autoloaders are pretty useless without the mod. Very often I will finish a pod with 1 or 2 rounds left and then I'll have to either waste an autoloader use or go into the next fight unable to use some of my abilities that needs multiple rounds.
So what you're saying is that standard autoloaders are of limited use to *gunners*. Maybe. But snipers, rangers and assaults can use them very well.
Other classes have multi-shot using abilities as well. Rapid Reaction Rangers with 1 or 2 rounds left after killing a pod has the same dilemma.

In general, the longer the mission, the worse the standard autoloader become. Take standard autoloaders to Waterworld and you'll use them up way before you really need them (eg. the final room).
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Undershaft wrote: I disagree. It depends on class, the type of mission and the quality of autoloader. A serial sniper will profit immensely from even a standard autoloader. A ranger with an Elite one and an extended magazine can also fire without pause. For me, the autoloader is very useful as it is (not universally so, but the other weapon upgrades are neither, except for maybe scopes ) and would be overpowered if it hadn't the current limitation.
OK. There are some situations when vanilla autoloader can be useful. A 0% infiltration supply raid where you trigger 2-3 pods at the start is one of those rare cases. However i tend to equip generally useful mods and never so far had the continent bonus for an additional one so it's 3 for me. Scopes, expanded magazines and suppressors are all generally useful. Some specific classes will benefit from laser sight, hair trigger or stocks (speaking of snipers ;) ). This leaves zero room for those "useful once in a while" autoloaders as i can't be bothered to review my weapon mods before every single mission. When i had to actually use serial on a 2 pods trigger i just reloaded manually my expanded magazine and used command to keep going.

The mod changes this as it allows you to use them when you need them rather than waste them 9/10.