Not getting Alien Hunter missions

Qabal

Not getting Alien Hunter missions

Post by Qabal »

It's December 10th and I've yet to get the first Alien Hunter mission. I have the weapons, now fully upgraded, and I'd really like to start wearing some fashionably questionable armor made out of the skins of my enemies.

Is there a maximum number of POIs I can change somewhere? I've contacted every haven, so board is pretty full of Network Tower missions and Guerrilla Ops all the time. The last 2 missions with an Intel Package both gave me Facility Leads.
Sarcasm

Re: Not getting Alien Hunter missions

Post by Sarcasm »

Same story here, across two playthroughs now. I actually just found Lost Towers for the second time in my current game, but have yet to see Alien Hunters anywhere. I wonder if I get another free SPARK?
Qabal

Post by Qabal »

I've had 2 Lost Tower missions, and yes, I can confirm you get another free SPARK.

*edit: I actually took my first SPARK on the second mission with me. Julian didn't stand a chance against my double Shred Cannons...
Qabal

Post by Qabal »

I had hoped the 1.2 might start spawning Alien Hunter missions, but maybe I'm too late in the game. I've been running every mission with an Intel Package, and I either get a Facility Lead from a Hack, or nothing at all from recover item missions. I don't suppose there's a console command that can force the missions to spawn, is there? I've been putting off the end game waiting for these missions to hit.
Jagdtiger

Post by Jagdtiger »

Qabal wrote:It's December 10th and I've yet to get the first Alien Hunter mission. I have the weapons, now fully upgraded, and I'd really like to start wearing some fashionably questionable armor made out of the skins of my enemies.

Is there a maximum number of POIs I can change somewhere? I've contacted every haven, so board is pretty full of Network Tower missions and Guerrilla Ops all the time. The last 2 missions with an Intel Package both gave me Facility Leads.

You can use the "LWForceMission AlienNest WorldRegion_EastNA" to spawn the Alien Nest Mission in Eastern US region at least, although I'm not entirely sure whether it truly activates the other rulers.
marceror

Post by marceror »

That's a shame. It showed up in my game, probably in the July timeframe. I believe it was in August that the Viper King showed on a mission and I took him out. I'm currently in September, and haven't seen the other rulers yet, but I'm expecting them to show.
Qabal

Post by Qabal »

Jagdtiger wrote:You can use the "LWForceMission AlienNest WorldRegion_EastNA" to spawn the Alien Nest Mission in Eastern US region at least, although I'm not entirely sure whether it truly activates the other rulers.
The map icon for the mission was a yellow placeholder and said DEBUG in the mission info, but it worked. I have some sexy snake armor now. I haven't seen any other rulers yet, so i don't know if they're activated. Any idea on what types of missions they are able to show up in LW2? I remember reading they were restricted from some types, but i don't remember where i read it. My assault needs to wear the skin of her enemy and prove that she's the TRUE Berserker Queen...
Sax2514

Post by Sax2514 »

I am doing my 3d or 4th campaign and I never had the alien hunter mission. In my current campaign, I'm in mid November and I only had the Lost Tower mission and the weapons. Sometimes, after getting an intel package, I receive nothing ( no facilty leads, no point of interests) so I think there is a bug. Also, if I understand correctly, you need an intel package in order to get the mission dlc AND then you must hope that it will be the right reward, but after a few months there isn't much time for these types of mission rewards. Isn't possible to make this mission easier to detect? It could appear, for example, after the first liberation of a region or after the blacksite, without the need of getting an intel package. ( obviously I have all DLCs installed)
Mavoc

Post by Mavoc »

In my new campaign I was able to get the nest mission, though I believe this is due to the fact that I disabled the missions for Shen's last gift.
Jagdtiger

Post by Jagdtiger »

Qabal wrote:
Jagdtiger wrote:You can use the "LWForceMission AlienNest WorldRegion_EastNA" to spawn the Alien Nest Mission in Eastern US region at least, although I'm not entirely sure whether it truly activates the other rulers.
The map icon for the mission was a yellow placeholder and said DEBUG in the mission info, but it worked. I have some sexy snake armor now. I haven't seen any other rulers yet, so i don't know if they're activated. Any idea on what types of missions they are able to show up in LW2? I remember reading they were restricted from some types, but i don't remember where i read it. My assault needs to wear the skin of her enemy and prove that she's the TRUE Berserker Queen...
// Spoiler Warning, If Applicable

I had the Berserker Queen spawn in a random Troop Ambush say three weeks after the nest ( I killed the Viper there), The Archon appeared in Australia's HQ Assault Mission.

There is also a command "ForceRulerOnNextMission ( Insert here : ArchonKing / BerserkerQueen), but if you're in a hurry you can spawn them forcefully using "DropUnit BerserkerQueen 1 0" and "DropUnit ArchonKing 1 0".
The numbers are required in order for it to be considered an enemy combatant.

I used this command for the Archon King in the HQ Assault Mission, since it was taking too long for him to spawn ( I was in March I believe?) Beware, the Kingslayer achievement might not unlock using the Dropunit command, although you will get all the "kill x ruler, kill during escape, use ruler abilities" kind of achievements.