Shredder perk/ammo

Nibelung44

Shredder perk/ammo

Post by Nibelung44 »

Hey,

Is the shredding effect applied before or after the damages of the ongoing shot? If yes, then I might prefer using shredder ammo and not piercing ammo, if the latter, then I believe the two are somehow balanced, even if I'm comparing an apple and an orange.
Goumindong

Re: Shredder perk/ammo

Post by Goumindong »

After. Shredding is not really worth it as very few enemies have enough armor and HP to make them more than 2-3 shot kills.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Mmhmm it's after. Any armor you shred gets subtracted from your damage total just like a normal point of armor would.

Just if you were curious, if you have both shredding and armor piercing, it works like

damage you deal = damage roll - (max(armor-armor piercing, 0))

and then the armor is shredded afterwards in any case.
Ketchup4684

Post by Ketchup4684 »

Goumindong wrote:After. Shredding is not really worth it as very few enemies have enough armor and HP to make them more than 2-3 shot kills.
When you face Gatekeepers or Sectopods that have 6+ armor, you're gonna really appreciate the shred.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

Ketchup4684 wrote:
Goumindong wrote:After. Shredding is not really worth it as very few enemies have enough armor and HP to make them more than 2-3 shot kills.
When you face Gatekeepers or Sectopods that have 6+ armor, you're gonna really appreciate the shred.
I just 100% crit kubikiri them.
Ketchup4684

Post by Ketchup4684 »

Goumindong wrote:
Ketchup4684 wrote:
Does Kubikiri actually work now? I remember for some reason it didnt work on targets that have armor.
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

Ketchup4684 wrote:
Goumindong wrote:
Ketchup4684 wrote:
Does Kubikiri actually work now? I remember for some reason it didnt work on targets that have armor.
No, frankly i don't think it works on anything, but i pretend it does.
steave

Post by steave »

Ketchup4684 wrote:
Shredder ammo shreds for 1. That doesn't really make a dent.
When you face those things, you need someone with the perk so you shred 2 per shot, or preferably a shredstorm cannon.
Ketchup4684

Post by Ketchup4684 »

steave wrote:
Ketchup4684 wrote:
When you face those things, you need someone with the perk so you shred 2 per shot, or preferably a shredstorm cannon.
Yeah, it's the perk that's actually good.
steave

Post by steave »

Ketchup4684 wrote:
steave wrote:
Ketchup4684 wrote:
Yeah, it's the perk that's actually good.
I believe it's the ammo that's being referred to, considering the OP. I might be wrong though.
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

steave wrote:Shredder ammo shreds for 1. That doesn't really make a dent.
It can work, you just need multi-shot abilities. I used Shredder ammo on my Gunners last campaign. With Chain Shot and Cyclic Fire and Grazing Fire, you can consistently knock off 2-3 points of armour to set them up for a kill. It's not the best solution, but you need some way of dealing with 6 armour enemies and I didn't get lucky with anyone rolling Shredder in the AWC.
Elder_Basilisk

Post by Elder_Basilisk »

I think I've got one of the ultimate armor shredders though not necessarily an optimal one. Technical with AWC heat warheads, shredder perk, salvo, and rapid fire. Lots of armor shredding when needed even if I don't equip shredder ammo.

She seems to perform a lot better than one would expect given the technical build opinions on this forum.