Haven invaded and wiped

infidel901

Haven invaded and wiped

Post by infidel901 »

I had a liberated haven, but could not fight back when it was invaded- all my soldiers were out on other missions. Now my haven has no people in it. How do i get it back? Can i get new recruits for the area? It was a pretty bad loss. I lost over 13 resistance people there.
xmd1997

Re: Haven invaded and wiped

Post by xmd1997 »

infidel901 wrote:I had a liberated haven, but could not fight back when it was invaded- all my soldiers were out on other missions. Now my haven has no people in it. How do i get it back? Can i get new recruits for the area? It was a pretty bad loss. I lost over 13 resistance people there.
Send a soldier Advisor into the region(I think he counts as 3 rebel recruits?) It'll be a while but he'll spawn more rebels back into your haven. Also, you can abort In-Progress infiltration missions at any time and send those soldiers on emergency missions like retaliations which is what you should have done. :(
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Damnit. Wish i had known that. That was a lot of monthly supply, that i lost.
trihero

Post by trihero »

One of the requirements for an invasion to occur is an adjacent region to your liberated region, to have strength level 8. Keep that in mind to help you plan future runs.
Bill

Post by Bill »

trihero wrote:One of the requirements for an invasion to occur is an adjacent region to your liberated region, to have strength level 8. Keep that in mind to help you plan future runs.
So what you're saying is I wasted 3 of my rebels on intel in the hopes they would pick up a supply convoy ambush that literally couldn't happen? Fuck...
trihero

Post by trihero »

Well uh, here's just some more info to help you

- a liberated region has a "grace period" of 21 days before it can be invaded, even if there is a nearby region with requisite 8 strength
- it takes 6 rebels on intel to have roughly a 70% chance to catch the "supply raid" in time. You may not find it worth the effort, and there's no guarantee you will have a good timer left on it. But if you just hate invasions (they are not that hard really, but it's just that you are going to lose more than half your civs), suspect one is going to occur soon, then there's nothing stopping you from going max intel until you catch it
- there's about a 40 day cooldown on invasions, so if you deflect one you don't have to worry for a while
justdont

Post by justdont »

trihero wrote:- it takes 6 rebels on intel to have roughly a 70% chance to catch the "supply raid" in time
I've read about these numbers a bunch of times now and I wonder if it was tested thoroughly. There seems to be a lot of variables in it:
1) Liberated sectors will get a bonus 1.2 multiplier on job;
2) Relay sectors will get another 1.2 multiplier (no idea how would it stack with #1);
3) Experienced rebels do their job better, for +25% and +50% base for level 2 and 3;
4) You can also potentially put a scientist as an advisor for another 1.2 multiplier.

Are those numbers (6 rebels to catch early invasion with ~70% certainty) calculated using 1-4 facts? If so, which ones?
Last edited by justdont on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Well, i have had an officer stationed at the haven that was invaded, for several days now. No sign of any rebels showing up.
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

It will take a *LONG* time.
I also lost a haven defense mission. 2 months of *GSGT* officer later, I have 1 rebel there.
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Oh man, I hope i don't have to start over. My supply of supplies has been nuked.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Does anyone happen to know if liberated regions can recruit faceless personnel? Or are you saved that particular hassle once you've liberated?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Are those numbers (6 rebels to catch early invasion with ~70% certainty) calculated using 1-4 facts? If so, which ones?
It used none of those assumptions actually, so it's a useful lower bound. If you add in experienced rebels/relays, then your chances will go up.

Here is the original calculation I did here,

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... it=bum%27s

I was assuming the average mission duration of 6 days, and I made an assumption the player wanted to have up to 5 days of intelligence gathering beforehand in order to detect it (reasoning being you want to safely catch it with a minimum of 1 day to spare on average, to respond to it).

An important practical warning which most people forget is that the duration on the supply raid is very short (between 4 to 8 days), and even if you dedicate rebels to detecting it, you are likely to have to go in at 0%. This may cause you to groan if you are tired of such missions, and it may be harder/impossible in 1.3. when 0% is nerfed, and it could simply be a roadblock that is much harder than the invasion's 20-30 mobs if you haven't mastered fighting 50+ swarming supply raids. I'm not saying players shouldn't try to detect the supply raid, but that it is has its own associated costs that must be factored into the decision.
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

infidel901 wrote:Oh man, I hope i don't have to start over. My supply of supplies has been nuked.
Was this an Ironman game or something? Can you not go back to an old save and prepare better to resist the invasion this time?
seananigans wrote:Does anyone happen to know if liberated regions can recruit faceless personnel? Or are you saved that particular hassle once you've liberated?
Every rebel recruit has a chance of being Faceless in disguise. You are only "spared" that hassle if you've stopped recruiting in a given region and have already smoked out the existing Faceless. If you start recruiting again, you get to start the Faceless hunt again too!
SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare »

So, maybe this is just a balance thing, but something that's kind of bugged me... why can't you move people between Havens, anyway? I mean, after missions involving the haven workers, we see them get picked up by the Skyranger and brought to the Avenger, and then assumedly dropped back off - why can't the Avenger just taxi them around?
justdont

Post by justdont »

SouthpawHare wrote:So, maybe this is just a balance thing, but something that's kind of bugged me... why can't you move people between Havens, anyway? I mean, after missions involving the haven workers, we see them get picked up by the Skyranger and brought to the Avenger, and then assumedly dropped back off - why can't the Avenger just taxi them around?
Rebels need local contacts to be useful, presumably. You can't just move a person across half of the world, offload them in a totally new place, and say "starting tomorrow you're digging on local ADVENT activities, mate!".