Thanks for patch 1.2!

trihero

Thanks for patch 1.2!

Post by trihero »

Thanks devs, it feels good to be loved. :D
Sir_Dr_D

Re: Thanks for patch 1.2!

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

And we do appreciate the work you have done for this mod. :D Even if it seems we just complain all the time.
marceror

Post by marceror »

Yes indeed! I didn't even notice that the game had updated. Much appreciation for your continued efforts! Like you did with XCOM EU, XCOM2 now has been given "proper" version, and it's only getting better.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

We love the Long War team!
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

I agree, it's great to have it out. :)
3tamatulg

Post by 3tamatulg »

The new mission info pane is great. Noticing a lot of missions are 'revealed start' which should cut down on the cheesy steath missions - great change!
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Sir_Dr_D wrote:And we do appreciate the work you have done for this mod. :D Even if it seems we just complain all the time.
This!
Forum crowds are a horrible bunch, always complaining and posting only negative feedback but we do appreciate your work :)
SouthpawHare

Post by SouthpawHare »

Definitely a big thank you to the devs! LW2 has become one of my favorite games ever, and it just keeps getting better at a rapid pace!
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Adding my appreciation for the TLC you give this wonderful project.
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

LordYanaek wrote:
Sir_Dr_D wrote:And we do appreciate the work you have done for this mod. :D Even if it seems we just complain all the time.
This!
Forum crowds are a horrible bunch, always complaining and posting only negative feedback but we do appreciate your work :)
I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but I personally enjoy complaining about stuff. Venting online is a very cathartic experience.
So, thank you Long War team, for giving me some !@)*(&#$*#(@^$&*^@#$&*^@#&*$^@!#$&&*(#&@ thing to vent about!

:mrgreen:
Kyrsoh

Post by Kyrsoh »

Thank You for your great work! We are crying and complaining a lot but we love this mod and we are continously playing it - this is the source of our whining. :-)
This mod is awesome, Pavonis Team - just like the first Long War (I am still palying it now after 2500+ hours!).
LeSmurf

Post by LeSmurf »

Thank you very much!
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

3tamatulg wrote:The new mission info pane is great. Noticing a lot of missions are 'revealed start' which should cut down on the cheesy steath missions - great change!
Shinobi care nothing for your "revealed" condition. ;)

Rules and game balance are for lesser soldiers.
justdont

Post by justdont »

Yes, the patch is very nice indeed, even though in other topics we mostly tend to just whine, nag, and complain :)
But many thanks on fixing those bugs and improving interface!
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Thank you for LW2 and its latest patch. I know getting the details right in the spirit of your vision, especially when going from the small original playtest team to a wider group of gamers, can be very demanding. We appreciate your efforts to make LW2 better.
marceror

Post by marceror »

I hope that in some way, shape, or form Pavonis is making some money from this mod. The quality is top notch, and I can only imagine that this is a mammoth effort to coordinate.

Obviously Long War and Long War 2 will yield a lot of credibility for their upcoming game efforts, but that sure would be long time to wait to get paid if LW2 isn't bringing in at least some of the basic operating expenses in the near term....
trihero

Post by trihero »

I hope that in some way, shape, or form Pavonis is making some money from this mod. The quality is top notch, and I can only imagine that this is a mammoth effort to coordinate.
I think they are; for one they have some kind of official arrangement from Firaxis, which I'm assuming/hoping has some financial aspect to it.

And more importantly than that, they have trapped our souls so we will be buying their products in the future like terra invictis. Oh crap I just advertised for them.
evilbend0r

Post by evilbend0r »

Thanks a lot guys :D Please keep up the great work you do
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

marceror wrote:I hope that in some way, shape, or form Pavonis is making some money from this mod. The quality is top notch, and I can only imagine that this is a mammoth effort to coordinate.

Obviously Long War and Long War 2 will yield a lot of credibility for their upcoming game efforts, but that sure would be long time to wait to get paid if LW2 isn't bringing in at least some of the basic operating expenses in the near term....
We were hired by 2K (Firaxis' parent) to make all our XCom2 mods. Our contract is complete at this point, but we're focused on getting LW2 into a state we're happy with before we turn our full efforts to Terra Invicta.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

johnnylump wrote: We were hired by 2K (Firaxis' parent) to make all our XCom2 mods. Our contract is complete at this point, but we're focused on getting LW2 into a state we're happy with before we turn our full efforts to Terra Invicta.
Thanks for supporting your mod/expansion even when your contract is done :)
I know of big companies that never cared much to fix glaring issues in their products!
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

I'll jump in and add that if it weren't for this surprise, I probably wouldn't have revisisted XCOM-2. LW1 took me from something like 50-60 hours in X1:EU (I hadn't even played EW until LW1) to probably 700ish hours. I had a similar 40-50 hours in X2 with little desire to ever return, short of an expansion/DLC. LW2 has increased that total to around 380 hours already, and I don't expect that to stop increasing anytime soon.

Both of your mods have added what these modern XCOM iterations have lacked from the get-go: Scope and Scale. They've been solid once-through games on their own, but the mod really adds long-term legs and replay-ability. I certainly hope, assuming there is indeed an expansion on the horizon, that LW2 is already or plans to be integrated with that, despite your contract being over!

Good luck with Terra Invicta!
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

If I understand correctly that means it's back to being a labour of love. Well, we really appreciate it guys.

Meanwhile I offer you Chibudem Manana*, dressed in a white robe with a garland of mistletoe, accompanied by Bradford in a long beard with a specially sharpened sickle.

So yeah, really looking forward to 1.3 and the rebalancing (and new mission). Any further hints you care to give about your ambitions for the scope of 1.3 would give a directional steer as to whether I should wait for it before starting a new campaign or not...

* It's fine, don't feel bad. He always dies on his first or second mission anyway. Every single time. Honestly, it's like XCom is some 80s action movie, where the token black dude is always the first to buy the farm. I'm not playing into the narrative or anything - most recently it was from a yellow alert muton max-rolling him through full cover. I like to think he's at peace with it by now. And at least this way he may achieve something by his passing.
WildCard

Post by WildCard »

johnnylump wrote: We were hired by 2K (Firaxis' parent) to make all our XCom2 mods. Our contract is complete at this point, but we're focused on getting LW2 into a state we're happy with before we turn our full efforts to Terra Invicta.
The fact that you are willing to support it further is a great thing, as i am sure there were ppl that bought XCOM2 only because LW was going to make an appearance on stage somewhere down the line ( i know i did)

Thanx for the great mod and wish you gl with Terra Invicta, i look forward to hearing more about it in the future ;)
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

The info box before every mission is VERY VERY welcome, thank you. :D
marceror

Post by marceror »

johnnylump wrote:
marceror wrote:I hope that in some way, shape, or form Pavonis is making some money from this mod. The quality is top notch, and I can only imagine that this is a mammoth effort to coordinate.

We were hired by 2K (Firaxis' parent) to make all our XCom2 mods. Our contract is complete at this point, but we're focused on getting LW2 into a state we're happy with before we turn our full efforts to Terra Invicta.
Good to hear! It's great that Firaxis recognizes the value of your work.