Questions about new LW2 release

sirburton

Questions about new LW2 release

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys, here's what:
1) Must I download the whole new pack or is there any update I can quickly download and apply?
2) In order to install new Lw2, can I delete the previous LW overhaul folder and place the new one?
3) I made some changes in LW files, like editing some grenades' stats, some armors' stats and so on, will I lose these changes with new LW?
4) Can I resume playing my campaign with new LW ?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
wei270

Re: Questions about new LW2 release

Post by wei270 »

1)it should auto update you to newest on steam?
2) unnecessary?
3)each update will revert your change, also a good way too see when new patch arrive?
4) yes ?
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

wei270 wrote: 1)it should auto update you to newest on steam?
Assuming you installed in through the Steam Workshop, yes. If you installed it through Nexus Mods or some other source, you might need to update manually. (I use Workshop myself, so I don't know what's involved in those cases.)
sirburton wrote: 2) In order to install new Lw2, can I delete the previous LW overhaul folder and place the new one?
I expect that would do the trick, yes.
sirburton wrote: 3) I made some changes in LW files, like editing some grenades' stats, some armors' stats and so on, will I lose these changes with new LW?
If you know which files you changed, you could copy them out of the LW2 directories, and put them back after updating. That could cause new bugs though since you might overwrite important changes the LW team made in 1.2. Probably best to re-edit the files after updating.

Consider this incentive to stop changing mod files manually and develop your own mod with the XCOM2 dev tools to apply your changes =)
sirburton wrote: 4) Can I resume playing my campaign with new LW ?
Not sure about this one. Go ahead and try it. You can always restart later if you run across unplayable bugs.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

If you are using the Nexus, yes, remove and replace the entire folder.

If you are using the Workshop you should already be up to date. If Steam derped, unsubcribe and resubscribe and it should update.
AlexTFish

Post by AlexTFish »

If you're using Steam, you don't need to do anything at all. I didn't because I hadn't been expecting 1.2 for another week; I just carried on my campaign and suddenly saw lovely things like lots of mission details on the briefing, and a dynamic preview of rocket scatter, and so on. Just happens automatically.
Mavoc

Post by Mavoc »

sirburton wrote:2) In order to install new Lw2, can I delete the previous LW overhaul folder and place the new one?
Just to be clear, when you say LW Overhaul, are you referring to the mod made for XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within? If so then LW2 is for XCOM 2 and therefore is a completely different beast that is unrelated file wise.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

LW_Overhaul is what the LW2 mod shows up as for Nexus users.