Suggestion - Soul Steal Upgrade

zechstyr

Suggestion - Soul Steal Upgrade

Post by zechstyr »

Regarding Soulsteal- it's currently a never-pick, mostly because aliens are too deadly. By the time you get the chance to use Soulfire + Soulsteal to any effect, your PsiOps is probably already dead.

My suggestion is that if you use Soulfire while at full health, instead of healing, it generates ablative armor similar to a Shieldbearer's shield; the shield has a cooldown = Soulfire. That way if you open up with an early Soulfire, your time spent training Soulsteal will still have an effect on the mission and your soldier's still mitigating damage.

This also might lead to some interesting builds, like a Tank Psi (get a high-defense psi with Fortress, luck out with AWC skills like Low Profile/Will To Survive/Formidable/Tactical Sense, slap on some heavy armor and put 'em in the front).
SouthpawHare

Re: Suggestion - Soul Steal Upgrade

Post by SouthpawHare »

I'm super into this. Pretty excellent idea, IMO.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

I liked this idea on reddit and I still like it here.
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

If this is possible, I agree with it. Seems a good buff.

Side note: Soulfire itself could use a bit of a buff, as it's not very effective as it stands. I'm fond of putting the fire in Soulfire and making it ignite the target (thus applying CC in addition to a bit of damage). Or at least a chance of igniting them. Burn, baby, burn!
zechstyr

Post by zechstyr »

Well, never underestimate guaranteed damage; I know that the Psi Amp boosts damage by +1 per upgrade, but so far I'm pretty high up in the tech tree and can't access it yet. Given that it can only attack Organics it could very well use an across-the-board damage buff or other debuff bonus.