Questions about perks [Game mechanics]

josna238

Questions about perks [Game mechanics]

Post by josna238 »

1.- Shinobi Lone Wolf: When using fleche, in order to apply the bonus wich tile counts? the starting or the ending tile of the movement?

2.- AWC Close and Personal: Is the critical bonus applied when using knives, swords and axes?

3.- Technical Heavy Weapons: Is this ability affected by AWC abilities like steady hands, aim and lone wolf or gear like tracer rounds?
JulianSkies

Re: Questions about perks [Game mechanics]

Post by JulianSkies »

josna238 wrote:1.- Shinobi Lone Wolf: When using fleche, in order to apply the bonus wich tile counts? the starting or the ending tile of the movement?

2.- AWC Close and Personal: Is the critical bonus applied when using knives, swords and axes?

3.- Technical Heavy Weapons: Is this ability affected by AWC abilities like steady hands, aim and lone wolf or gear like tracer rounds?
Lone Wolf is based on the tile you are standing on when you trigger the ability. Fleche's bonus itself, however, is based on the tile you started the turn on (or if you use Reaper the tile where you last got a kill on).

Close and Personal, I believe, only applies to primary weapons. Cannot tell, however.

Heavy Weapons are only affected by aim bonuses that apply to the soldier as a whole, so things like scopes, steady aim and tracer rounds (which affect primary weapon shots) don't affect the rocket. I can't tell whether the Aim bonus works but Lone Wolf applies to secondary weapons as well so it does affect it.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

4.- AWC Bring Em On: Do the enemies sight by squad sight count? I mean if we give the perk to a sniper.
wei270

Post by wei270 »

Close and Personal should work for melee ( but it trigger like lone wolf so you can't just charge over you have to move closer with control hack lol)

AWC Bring Em On shouldn't work from squard sight

but hey some time you get wierd results
Donkerman

Post by Donkerman »

AFAIK agression does work via squadsight if the soldier posses squadsight as a perk, which the sharpshooter does. I am sure I have seen it during gameplay as well.
Donkerman

Post by Donkerman »

If you look at the explanation of bring em on on the ufopedia you should see that this perk does work via squadsight. Tip: hover your mouse over the yellow question marks. http://ufopaedia.org/index.php/Assault_(LW2)
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Donkerman wrote:If you look at the explanation of bring em on on the ufopedia you should see that this perk does work via squadsight. Tip: hover your mouse over the yellow question marks. http://ufopaedia.org/index.php/Assault_(LW2)
Thanks, i didn't know because ingame when choosing the AWC perks it isn't explained.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

To add here, any perk that works with squadsight REQUIRES you to have squadsight for it to work in that range.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

5.- Gunner Combatives: Is +10 dodge only against melee atacks or it also will work against firearms. (The number doesn't appear on soldier stats).
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Vital Point Targeting: Does it only apply to the sniper applying the holotargeting, any sniper with VPT, or all units? I had assumed the first or second, but I've recently seen a few comments that seem to imply the last, which would make it a vastly better perk...
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

It's all units. I'm pretty sure it applies to non-aimed attacks also (e.g. Grenades)
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Jadiel wrote:It's all units. I'm pretty sure it applies to non-aimed attacks also (e.g. Grenades)
Holy shit that's a better perk than I thought!
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

dstar3k wrote:
Jadiel wrote:It's all units. I'm pretty sure it applies to non-aimed attacks also (e.g. Grenades)
Holy shit that's a better perk than I thought!
It does not applies to non-aimed attacks, actually. It used to, but it doesn't anymore. But yes, it's all units.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

6.- Shinobi Evasive: How does it work?

I don't know if it put 100% dodge or if it add +100% to the current dodge. And how it is removed? totally, partially, when receve a graze or a hit? explosive damage removes it?
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

josna238 wrote:6.- Shinobi Evasive: How does it work?

I don't know if it put 100% dodge or if it add +100% to the current dodge. And how it is removed? totally, partially, when receve a graze or a hit? explosive damage removes it?
Easiest way to picture it is that it forces the first hit to be a graze. I do believe it adds +100 Dodge, though.
That said it will be removed by any damage, including guaranteed damage like explosives.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

7.- Gunner Grazing fire: When a hit becomes a graze because of this, does it count as a hit or a miss? I mean to know how does it match with other perks as reactive pupils, chain shot, etc.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

josna238 wrote:7.- Gunner Grazing fire: When a hit becomes a graze because of this, does it count as a hit or a miss? I mean to know how does it match with other perks as reactive pupils, chain shot, etc.
Grazes always count as hits for the purpose of other perks (e.g. Chain Shot). I'm pretty sure the same is true for Hyper-reactive Pupils.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

8.- AWC Lighting Hands: Does it count as a shot to other abilities like Locked On, Focus Fire or Reactive Pupils?
Autoclave

Post by Autoclave »

josna238 wrote:8.- AWC Lighting Hands: Does it count as a shot to other abilities like Locked On, Focus Fire or Reactive Pupils?
Locked on works on primary weapon only! You cannot improve your aim by using lighting hands the followup with your rifle.
Focus Fire i think takes into consideration any ranged attack.
Reactive pupils i don't know, probably only ranged attacks.

Also locked on works in between shots with Cyclic Fire, Rapid Fire.