Retaliation fail

chaosxxxxx

Retaliation fail

Post by chaosxxxxx »

I had just got a retaliation mission notification,while most of my A team was away on other missions,with most of my gear.It was moderate heavy,and there was no way i would have been able to pull it off with rookies and squaddies. so i skipped,and my new india haven is now empty.
Thing is,i was preparing for the hq assault there (2 of my top soldiers got hit by poison rounds,total BS;and they were recovering).This is when the retal hit,and wiped my haven.Now,even if i manage to liberate the region,how will i get rebels?Or is the region perma gone?
Also,advent strength is now 10 there.will it continue to increase? Is there any way i can reduce it,without waiting for troop columns?
Jacke

Re: Retaliation fail

Post by Jacke »

chaosxxxxx wrote:I had just got a retaliation mission notification.... So i skipped,and my new India Haven is now empty.

Thing is, I was preparing for the HQ assault there....
I've not gotten any retal missions, but from watching them on xwynns YouTube series, I'm dreading them for the lose of rebels and troops.

I'm not completely sure of the situation or the risk here, but this is what I think you need to do. You need to put in a soldier Advisor there who will recruit, preferably the highest soldier and officer rank possible. Will take about a month to even get one recruit and it's a 2 in 3 chance to get a rebel (1 in 3 you get a Rookie). I don't think it's worth having the Avenger scan there hoping to get missions that provide rebel VIPs as reward, as the zone vigilance, the hidden ADVENT spec that comes from XCOM succeeding on missions in the zone, is likely too high to allow those missions to be created to be discovered.

I think this zone is now a lost cause to you. Unless you haven't liberated any other zone, I don't think it's worth trying to liberate. It's going to be risky at such ADVENT strength and the zone is in such poor shape too. If you have contact with other zones, I would suggest moving to them to scan for new missions. If India is your only zone, you need to get Intel so you can unlock Resistance Communications and make contact in a new zone. Have the Avenger scan in India anyhoo just to earn Intel (I think). Go to the Black Market and sell what you can and see if you can buy any datapads to research for Intel. Still put a soldier Advisor into India, but don't hope for much from there now.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

This is a good reason to spread out to many regions as early as possible.

In my campaigns I have been grabbing a 2nd region typically after getting the first 2-3 missions underway. Especially if I can get some rebels in them as then the avenger is not as necessary. The advantage of having multiple regions is that you can get better odds on decent missions, especially if you can find them with 5-6 rebels on contact. It also lets you spread out vigilance so that you can push for liberation in one region without spiking vigilance in that same region quite so hard.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Well, you can still do the HQ Raid for the bodies, loot and experience. But otherwise... :?