Feature Request: Seeing reaction radius

hesjingixen

Feature Request: Seeing reaction radius

Post by hesjingixen »

So, when you're team is concealed, you get a nice indicator of how close you can get without being revealed. Cool. This indicates that your troops have some idea of what the sight radius is of enemy squads, and it even compensates for things like lightpoles blocking LoS. Great. However, when your squad has been revealed, but one member is still concealed (Shinobi, Conceal, or Ghost Grenade), they only see the reaction radius for themselves.

It would be awesome if those "concealed scouts" could also see the radius at which the aliens they're spotting will react to the rest of your squad. It could be done easily with a different color radius (pink, blue, whatever). Technically you could display this all the time when a unit is concealed, but optimally it would only be when some units are concealed and others aren't. This would make skills like Conceal and Ghost Grenade far more desirable as they would make it easier to setup secondary ambushes by waiting just outside the reaction radius.
Jacke

Re: Feature Request: Seeing reaction radius

Post by Jacke »

You want the mod Pod Activation Preview. The LOS mods, LOS Preview Ability and Gotcha Again are also useful here.
hesjingixen

Post by hesjingixen »

Jacke wrote:You want the mod Pod Activation Preview. The LOS mods, LOS Preview Ability and Gotcha Again are also useful here.
I saw the Pod Activation Preview mod, but the description itself says that it's buggy, and a lot of the comments indicate that as well. I'll have to check out the others.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

hesjingixen wrote:
Jacke wrote:You want the mod Pod Activation Preview. The LOS mods, LOS Preview Ability and Gotcha Again are also useful here.
I saw the Pod Activation Preview mod, but the description itself says that it's buggy, and a lot of the comments indicate that as well. I'll have to check out the others.
The two LOS mods are helpful, but you'll have to check each tile in the critical paths. The Pod Activation Preview mod could at least point those out; what it may have problems with is finding that first tile where a pod will see a moving soldier.
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

hesjingixen wrote:It would be awesome if those "concealed scouts" could also see the radius at which the aliens they're spotting will react to the rest of your squad. It could be done easily with a different color radius (pink, blue, whatever). Technically you could display this all the time when a unit is concealed, but optimally it would only be when some units are concealed and others aren't.
I like this solution. The best colour would be yellow, as it matches the red::danger, yellow::warning UI scheme. The problem is, judging from the Peak Around Corners mod, you can't actually modify the way the concealment UI renders, as it's hard coded.

Not sure if something could be overlaid on top though, similar to the command radius indicator?