Darker Nights/Fog of War mods?

Mooncabbage

Darker Nights/Fog of War mods?

Post by Mooncabbage »

Not really LW2 specific, but are there any mods that reduce the amount of ambient lighting on night missions? Rather than level specific mods that tweak lighting on a per-map basis. Night missions seem far too bright for me, to the point where they might as well be daylight.

Also, is there a mod that removes the "fog" aspect of fog of war? Fair enough not to see where the aliens and such and so forth are, but I would like to be able to see the layout of the map, so I can plan my approach. Squinting into the fog is a bit hit or miss. I can't imagine with literally days to infiltrate most missions, it's unrealistic to expect to have some intel on the layout of the AO.
jfoevv820ueb

Re: Darker Nights/Fog of War mods?

Post by jfoevv820ueb »

Mooncabbage wrote:Also, is there a mod that removes the "fog" aspect of fog of war? Fair enough not to see where the aliens and such and so forth are, but I would like to be able to see the layout of the map, so I can plan my approach. Squinting into the fog is a bit hit or miss. I can't imagine with literally days to infiltrate most missions, it's unrealistic to expect to have some intel on the layout of the AO.
The console command ToggleFOW will do that for you.
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

jfoevv820ueb wrote:
Mooncabbage wrote:Also, is there a mod that removes the "fog" aspect of fog of war? Fair enough not to see where the aliens and such and so forth are, but I would like to be able to see the layout of the map, so I can plan my approach. Squinting into the fog is a bit hit or miss. I can't imagine with literally days to infiltrate most missions, it's unrealistic to expect to have some intel on the layout of the AO.
The console command ToggleFOW will do that for you.
Thanks muchly. Now I just need nights that look like night.
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

Hmm, the problem with toggling the FOW, is it completely removes it, so you have no idea what the limits of your vision are. Also I messed with FogDensity, and now I don't know how to set it back to default.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Mooncabbage wrote:...is there a mod that removes the "fog" aspect of fog of war? Fair enough not to see where the aliens and such and so forth are, but I would like to be able to see the layout of the map, so I can plan my approach. Squinting into the fog is a bit hit or miss. I can't imagine with literally days to infiltrate most missions, it's unrealistic to expect to have some intel on the layout of the AO.
You want to use the console command "fogdensity 0".
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

And the reverse, is it possible to change the time of the day? Sometime I would like to infiltrate at day, not night ;)
Mooncabbage

Post by Mooncabbage »

Nibelung44 wrote:And the reverse, is it possible to change the time of the day? Sometime I would like to infiltrate at day, not night ;)
It would be an interesting gameplay option, but probably beyond the scope of what PI are going to do with this mod.

I just want properly dark atmospheric nights! I already have the Darker Nights mod, but there doesn't appear to be anything that turns the ambient lighting down. I mean, I assume there are spot lights and direction lights built into the level, so it'd just be a matter of turning down the ambient light, question is, is that a global setting, or a per-map setting? CAN it be altered en-mass?
AmiSayed

Post by AmiSayed »