what do the mission objectives mean?

josna238

what do the mission objectives mean?

Post by josna238 »

When a mission popups we see the objectives: "Hack thing" + "Find a Lead" OK, I know that the lead is to liberation process. But there are anothers like "Get advent atention", what does it mean? why should I want to get advent atention? And there are much more, most of them we don't know what them do.

There is any place where see the list of these objectives and what does each them mean?
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: what do the mission objectives mean?

Post by Devon_v »

josna238 wrote:When a mission popups we see the objectives: "Hack thing" + "Find a Lead" OK, I know that the lead is to liberation process. But there are anothers like "Get advent atention", what does it mean? why should I want to get advent atention? And there are much more, most of them we don't know what them do.

There is any place where see the list of these objectives and what does each them mean?
Find a Lead can be a part of liberation. It's far more likely to be a point of interest on the map.

Get ADVENT's attention raises the vigilance score in that region, which makes them want to transfer troops there.

You'll also see missions to stop ADVENT conterinsurgensy ops, troop column ambushes, supply raids, and facility assaults.

http://ufopaedia.org/index.php/Missions_(LW2)
rlkr83

Post by rlkr83 »

I think the OP's point is really that it's totally counterintuitive that you should want ADVENT to send more troops towards you. There is not enough flavor text in the game to explain why that would be worth doing.
Elder_Basilisk

Post by Elder_Basilisk »

In theory, it enables you to get advent to transfer strength to that region from other regions. So, for example, if you're ready to do HQ or network tower in a region but advent strength is too high, you could stop doing missions there, get advents attention somewhere else and hit the tower/HQ when advent strength goes down.

In practice it doesn't work that well or that quickly. I saw that my first network tower region was up to STR 8 early in the game so I held off and started a bunch of get attention missions elsewhere. Strength kept climbing for a month and it was August before it had gone down there. I would have been better off just liberating a different region instead.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Elder_Basilisk wrote:In theory, it enables you to get advent to transfer strength to that region from other regions. So, for example, if you're ready to do HQ or network tower in a region but advent strength is too high, you could stop doing missions there, get advents attention somewhere else and hit the tower/HQ when advent strength goes down.

In practice it doesn't work that well or that quickly. I saw that my first network tower region was up to STR 8 early in the game so I held off and started a bunch of get attention missions elsewhere. Strength kept climbing for a month and it was August before it had gone down there. I would have been better off just liberating a different region instead.
ADVENT only transfers forces one region at a time, and they try to avoid understaffing any region in the process, so unless you are running Get Attention in adjacent regions, and doing enough there to raise vigilence higher than the region you're trying to bleed, you aren't going to see much of an effect. It's a tool, but not a magic bullet.

Overall it is more effective to simply strike elsewhere.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

I got others I don't know what hey do: "Liberation, hinder ADVENT operation", what operation is that? and "atack counterirsurgency ops" what do this do?
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

josna238 wrote:I got others I don't know what hey do: "Liberation, hinder ADVENT operation", what operation is that? and "atack counterirsurgency ops" what do this do?
Hinder ADVENT should be Liberation stage 3, assassinate VIP. Attack Counterinsurgency Ops should be a mission to counter a strategic Dark Event.