Dark Events solutions

Aeletzio

Dark Events solutions

Post by Aeletzio »

I have seen a lot of people talking about the dark events and how i just doesn't feel right with many players.
Since we all love this mod and want it to be the best experience for all of us, i figured we should discuss this to see if we can find a way to make it good in a way i can enhance the gameplay.

How i would like it to be:

Allow us to undo all of them (even the completed ones)
I already really enjoy the fact we can stop the dark events that show up if we find them in time. But what if we can have a different kind of mission that can undo a completed dark event. This will give us much more of an incentive to go look for those pesky permanent events.
To make it more ''realistic'' i would tie these cancel missions to blowing up alien facilities or hacking a computer.
So that in the narrative it would be explained as: ''the facility that made this dark event happen is destroyed (along with their production of it and its research).
And for the hacking missions it would be: Xcom removed all the data and research of this dark event from advent systems.

This is just an idea. i look forward to hear what you guys come up with and hope the awesome guys from Pavonis can find a way to make it more awesome.

greetz