Double Vahlen

marceror

Double Vahlen

Post by marceror »

I launched my LW2 campaign with the Vahlen DLC enabled. Early on I got the lead to locate the special weapons. Much later on I got the lead to scan for the special mission. I've long since completed that mission, and encountered the Viper King in a subsequent mission and killed him. I've done the autopsy and have the Viper armor queued up in the Proving Ground.

If I recall correctly, it was directly prior to my first mission encountering the Berserker Queen, my first UFO mission of the game, that I received a second lead indicating that I should investigate what is apparently Vahlen's voice.

I'm aware there's a bug where this mission can be repeated. I'm thinking my best bet is to ignore it, and hope that the Berserk Queen and Archon King make their scheduled appearances.

But does this than mean that if I later want to run the mission again, I can potentially have additional battles with the "Royals" and get additional armor from them? I likely wouldn't do this because story-wise it doesn't make sense, but I'm just wondering what I'm dealing with here, really.
TheCiroth

Re: Double Vahlen

Post by TheCiroth »

This is a known bug, they think it has to do with how LW2 generates POI's. They are working on it.
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

I was able to do the spark mission twice.

I got a second spark :)
marceror

Post by marceror »

marceror wrote:I'm aware there's a bug where this mission can be repeated.
TheCiroth wrote:This is a known bug, they think it has to do with how LW2 generates POI's. They are working on it.
Right, I'm aware that it's a known bug, as my quote above indicates. I'm trying to ascertain the potential risk of the bug to my campaign.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Ignore the mission, there have been someone reporting he tried to do "The Nest" a second time and Viper King never showed up, effectively locking him inside a mission he can't finish!
marceror

Post by marceror »

LordYanaek wrote:Ignore the mission, there have been someone reporting he tried to do "The Nest" a second time and Viper King never showed up, effectively locking him inside a mission he can't finish!
Thanks. Will do.