So 0%/low% supply raids are getting nerfed....

LordYanaek

Re: So 0%/low% supply raids are getting nerfed....

Post by LordYanaek »

bountygiver wrote: What I'd like to see is also maybe adding more infiltration boosts, 1 boost that adds retroactively but cost a lot of intel and a repeatable non retroactive one would be nice
Another option would be to have the current %based retroactive boost and another one adding a flat value (maybe 15%, probably not much more than that) and being able to apply this one several times (maybe up to a maximum of 50%, regular boost would be better when you get to 30% anyway).
Currently, 50% of what you already accumulated is great to get to 200% infiltration but does little to allow really short timers missions to be possible without going for 0% (because 0% or 8% within a few days don't make a difference, and adding 50% of 8 doesn't either). A flat value would give the opposite effect, it would help greatly to make impossible to infiltrate missions possible, but wouldn't help much to get to high infiltration. Since this boost would effectively allow you to shortcut infiltration completely it should cost a noticeable amount of Intel so you can't just spam it to take every mission that pops, especially Guerilla missions that give you Intel as a reward, but it would give an option for some important missions like Liberation, Destroy the Relay (to prevent retaliations) or some Supply Raids.
It probably shouldn't stack with regular boost either (regular boost should only boost real infiltration accumulated over time).
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

What concerns me about the nerf is that it's in a way where if I desperately need to stop the increase of advent strength, I won't be able to stop it. :s

I ran a 5% raid a little while back to keep strength at 2 in April so I could raid the HQ with less worry.
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

AegixDrakan wrote:What concerns me about the nerf is that it's in a way where if I desperately need to stop the increase of advent strength, I won't be able to stop it. :s

I ran a 5% raid a little while back to keep strength at 2 in April so I could raid the HQ with less worry.
supply raids are troop strength transfers, not troop strength increases, they are increased through UFOs which have a way better infiltration time (it has a timer though but is very managable with 8 man squads)

If advent is spamming troop transfers you can then focus on the regions the troops are transferred FROM because they get vulnerable as the troops have left those regions.
kiksu

Post by kiksu »

Playing on Legendary and have some question. I m realy disturbed by the balance. I had something like 10 successful supply raids for the 1st 4 months and i dont get the difficulty level. 1st 3 raids were hard but the rest are becoming easier with every raid. I have more than 2k supplies from corpses sales and ton of resources (such resources with all regions just on intel). Was it planned like that. I stopped feeling difficulty at all. Its like playing vanilla... Where can i find some info about these nerfs or at least a confirmation that it is planned to change smth?
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

0% supply raids can easily snowball your economy to the point ADVENT can't catch up, especially since they hurt them at the same time they reinforce you. That's why they are a good candidate for a nerf.
What i hope is that they don't just nerf them blindly without adjusting other parameters like infiltration timer so we can actually still do some raids.