[Suggestion/Request] Restart Reloads the Map?

Ithuriel

[Suggestion/Request] Restart Reloads the Map?

Post by Ithuriel »

I'm playing Bronzeman right now (Ironman but you can restart missions). There's a problem, though- when you restart a mission you play it with the exact same seed and map, so although I don't want an unfair advantage from restarting I get it anyway. Is there any way to change things so that the "Restart Mission" option in the menu will actually generate a new map/seed? I know it might be technologically difficult, but it would help things greatly. (I believe it was this way in the original LW, which I vastly preferred, though of course I'm not saying that means you have to include it or anything!)
Jacke

Re: [Suggestion/Request] Restart Reloads the Map?

Post by Jacke »

Try Tkyl's Save Scum mod to see if its twiddling the RNG seed changes the map.
Steve-O

Re: [Suggestion/Request] Restart Reloads the Map?

Post by Steve-O »

Ithuriel wrote:(I believe it was this way in the original LW, which I vastly preferred, though of course I'm not saying that means you have to include it or anything!)
in LW1, XCOM's starting position and the positions of alien pods would be re-generated on a restart, although the map itself remained the same. Also, I'm given to understand that XCOM2's maps are more randomly constructed than XCOM1's maps (which were picked at random, but each map was static.)

I agree with the idea that it would be better if restarting the mission re-generated everything, I'm just not sure how much effort that would be. It would probably require telling the game to go back to the "mission briefing" screen, where you squad is hiding out in the house, rather than just using the "propaganda" loading screen. I'm fairly sure the reason why the former takes so long is because of all the seeding and such.