Disappearing Sharpshooter

Phrozehn

Disappearing Sharpshooter

Post by Phrozehn »

So I just went to add my favourite sniper to my Tower mission... and he was no longer there... Poof. No entry in the memorial. Nowhere to be fond on my unit list. He isn't stationed in a haven or in a tube... nowhere.

Anyone ever had a similar issue? Any idea how to fix it?
Clibanarius

Re: Disappearing Sharpshooter

Post by Clibanarius »

Something I've not heard of happening before. Is he a Haven Liaison? Is he solo-infiltrating something and the squad disappeared?
Phrozehn

Post by Phrozehn »

I had thought he was maybe advising and i missed a retaliation or something and he died due to that... but he's not on my memorial wall... Last time I used him was a fe wmissions ago suring and Ambush. He's a DFA sniper,s o he's not on any other mission atm (only stealth missions up atm). This sucks and kinda ruins my campaign :( First time it's happened.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Incredibly strange. Do you have any mods installed? Not that I can think of any off the top of my head that would cause something like this as it's kinda a new one.
Phrozehn

Post by Phrozehn »

Well, lots of cosmetic ones, but few that change anyhting big. I'v eplayed many different campaigns so far with nothing at all even rmeotely similar. No real bugs to report. Biggest addition is ABA for LW. But I don't see how that could happen/ Never happened before with my Vanilla us of ABA2. Oh well. Guess I'll have to restart :(
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Phrozehn wrote:I had thought he was maybe advising and i missed a retaliation or something and he died due to that... but he's not on my memorial wall... Last time I used him was a fe wmissions ago suring and Ambush.
Is it possible that he was injured (bleeding out) or knocked unconscious during the last mission you took him on? And you subsequently abandoned him during evac, either forgetting to collect this body or being unable to reach it in time?

I've heard something about lost soldiers being captured by ADVENT and later getting rescue missions to recover them (in place of new rebels/rookies.). It hasn't happened to me yet, but I gather it's an intentional thing in LW2, if not also in vanilla. Could that be what happened to him?
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Soldiers who don't evac in time on timed evac missions are captured, it was a Vanilla feature.
It's probably harder to get them back in LW2 as you have to actually detect the mission.