Is there any way to prevent the loss of attached PCSs?

josna238

Is there any way to prevent the loss of attached PCSs?

Post by josna238 »

I know that it is a bug, but in vanilla it happened sometimes, in LW I have lost absolutelly all PCS I have attached (four times the deep perception in the same sniper).

Is this event relaten with something, more frequent in some case? or should I just sell all of them as soon as get them?
fowlJ

Re: Is there any way to prevent the loss of attached PCSs?

Post by fowlJ »

If this is the bug I think it is, it's caused by giving a soldier a PCS in the mission loadout screen instead of giving it to them in the barracks, so you can do that instead to avoid it.

Additionally, I don't believe you're actually losing the PCS - it's being merged into the soldier without actually filling the slot. There's a mod on the workshop to remove PCS modules this happens to.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

It's only stat-boosting PCS's that are permanent even after they are lost. Ability PCSs (like depth perception) are gone for good.

It should be fixed in 1.3, so you'll have to wait for that. There's a huge thread in the bugfix forum about it, and no one was really sure exactly what the cause was.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

In order to prevent the loss of PCSes, I've been giving them to soldiers in the barracks screen, then immediately going out and flying the Avenger someplace and scanning for roughly a day. It seems to have worked, considering I was losing them left and right before and have kept the first-installed Depth Perception and Combat Awareness PCSes around in multiple campaigns now.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Thanks for answers. That you said seem to fit very well with my experience, as far as I always put the PCS on the mission screen. If only I had know... I had filled my 3 DfA snipers with that wasted 4 deep perceptions...
3tamatulg

Post by 3tamatulg »

In the meantime I'd compensate yourself with some free PCSs

AddItem EpicPCSConditioning 1

Speed, Conditioning, Focus, Perception, Agility
Common (Normal), Rare (Advanced), Epic (Superior)

Could the devs fill us in on what console command you would use for the new LW2 PCSs?
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Until the fix is there, you can use this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =875312880