Suggestion: Red Mission "Prompts"

Clinicalcuts

Suggestion: Red Mission "Prompts"

Post by Clinicalcuts »

Just a potential suggestion.

"Critical" missions that require no infiltration such as the "haven assault" and protect the relay should have a final prompt to ask if you want to skip the mission. Long war 2 is a game of maximising every little advantage. During my playthroughs i have inadvertently scanned passed the missions as I was trying to squeeze out the last bit of research or training.

I don't think you should be punished with a haven wipe in a liberated region just because you could stop at the exact right moment.

Otherwise great work
seananigans

Re: Suggestion: Red Mission "Prompts"

Post by seananigans »

Somewhat related, does anyone know if X2 has the functionality for multiple time scales for scanning, ala the original UFO Defense? I'd love a 1x, 2x, 4x, 10x etc toggle for scanning (in that example, current speed would probably land somewhere around 10, cause damn it moves fast).
jfoevv820ueb

Re: Suggestion: Red Mission "Prompts"

Post by jfoevv820ueb »

seananigans wrote:Somewhat related, does anyone know if X2 has the functionality for multiple time scales for scanning, ala the original UFO Defense? I'd love a 1x, 2x, 4x, 10x etc toggle for scanning (in that example, current speed would probably land somewhere around 10, cause damn it moves fast).
The slomo console command does this, but it seems to be a bit buggy at high speeds, esp. with low framerates, at least in my experience. I've had missions pop up with -2 hours remaining, I've had the avenger accidentally fly to the other side of the world, etc. but I guess it's worth a try.

Doing slo-mo 0.05 is great if you want to get out those last few minutes and maximize your time management.