Biggest hit, can anyone do better than 82

RXTXK

Biggest hit, can anyone do better than 82

Post by RXTXK »

A silly competition to see who can theorycraft the biggest hit.
Has to be a single shot that would show as one damage number in the UI so no cyclic fire, double tap, etc

My opening offer is an assault hitting a zero armor mechanical:

Code: Select all

Max Shotgun		  16
Crit			   	 8
Center mass (AWC)	1
Lethal (AWC)		  2
Bluescreen			 3
Vital point			3
Bring Em On		   8
Sub Total			 41
Killer Instinct    20.5
Street Sweeper	  20.5
Total              82
Arantir

Re: Biggest hit, can anyone do better than 82

Post by Arantir »

Lethal shouldn't be available via AWC for assaults, they've already got it in the perk tree. Hunter's Instincts is possible though.
Also I'm pretty sure that Killer Instinct gives +50% only for the crit damage and any fractions get rounded down.

The highest possible damage should be Street Sweeper on organic ruptured flanked target with the above bonuses, HI insted of Lethal, Flechette/Needle/Stiletto rounds + Combined Arms officer aura bonus.
Not sure about the exact damage number though.
RADIALTHRONE1

Post by RADIALTHRONE1 »

You can rupture the target for more damage.
Anything you need to do beyond that is getting into mod territory.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Couldn't you theoretically coup de grace a 100 hp archon king?
jfoevv820ueb

Post by jfoevv820ueb »

I don't think that coup de grace actually does any damage, it just kills the enemy.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I think it works like kubikiri where it actually does damage equal to their hp + armor (and maybe even more), and that is how it kills them. It's just that I don't know if coup de grace does less damage against alien rulers or not (kubikiri says in tooltip it does less damage vs certain targets).
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

The function that deals the damage for Coup de grace returns:

int(TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_HP)+TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_ShieldHP));
So looks likes it does damage equal to the targets current health and shield and does not penetrate armor. It's function is based on Kubikiri, but they didn't change it when they fixed Kubikiri to penetrate armor.

Kubikiri's damage functions returns this on success:

int(TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_HP)+TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_ShieldHP)+TargetUnit.GetCurrentStat(eStat_ArmorMitigation)+5);
As you can see, Kubikiri is doing damage equal to health, shield and armor +5.
Arantir

Post by Arantir »

Does it mean that Coup de Grace won't kill armored targets unless you pick Cutthroat? It kinda makes it even more useless.
And Kubikiri doesn't work at all after the fix for some reason... at least for me. I was pretty excited when my Sharpshhoter got Shadowstrike via AWC to guarantee crits but this thing just keep doing regular damage.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Cutthroat only works on armored biological enemies. So against robots, Coup de Grace is still not going to one-shot them (unless their armor is removed some other way).
trihero

Post by trihero »

So then coup de grace (with cut throat) is the winner of this thread on a full hp archon king (I think the last one I fought had 96 hp with 5 armor or something). Maybe could even squeeze in a bit more damage with holotargeter's damage bonus and someone who ruptures the archon king with a weak weapon so as to only do 1 point of damage through armor as the set up, in exchange for +3 damage for coup de grace.
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

combined arms give additional +1 base damage.

Vital point targeting is also calculated AFTER the x2 damage from killer instinct/street sweeper because of effects resolve order (source before target), it is also +2 not +3
So the current max is 80 not 82

But instead of using bluescreen you can use needle/flettche + hunter's instinct instead for total of +4 instead of +3, raising 80 back to 82.