Stealth missions and 0% Supply Raids : an alternative idea

LordYanaek

Stealth missions and 0% Supply Raids : an alternative idea

Post by LordYanaek »

There is a lot of discussion about Stealth missions and 0% Supply Raids and although different players have different views, most agree that full stealth guerrilla missions all the time becomes boring fast and 0% supply raids break the economy. Currently most propositions involve nerfing those one way or another however i think other approaches could be considered to fix both issues without using the nerf hammer too much.

Here is an idea that , i think, might help solving both issues at the same time.
  • Remove Supply Convoy from the list of detectable missions in the same way we can't detect UFO reinforcements directly
  • Change Supply Convoy to a quick response missions, possibly with a few more days than retaliations OR force 100% infiltration like HQ but possibly with a faster infiltration than regular missions (as you must prepare an ambush but not really infiltrate troops in the middle of nowhere)
  • During Guerilla missions, one Officer (or maybe just any pod leader) have a chance to drop some "ADVENT orders" among other loot. Once recovered or possibly researched (a quick research) those orders reveal the location of a moving Supply Convoy.
Benefits of those changes.
  • Players will want to fight in Guerilla missions to get those orders and be able to run the very useful Supply Convoy missions. As a result Stealthing a mission will be viewed as an option for a mission with a short timer or one you really want to complete (like a liberation chain) but not the best way to complete every mission.
  • No need to nerf stealth (or at least not as hard)
  • No way to abuse 0% supply raids and break the economy of the strategic layer
  • Balancing raids is easier because you know how many enemies the players will face
I left Troop columns out of the changes so they will stand apart from Supply Raids more rather than feel like the same missions in towns or wilderness. They might need changes too in order to avoid abusing those on 0%. There have been a number of interesting propositions in other threads.