What are the abilities/weapons that destroy loots/corpses?

josna238

What are the abilities/weapons that destroy loots/corpses?

Post by josna238 »

I know that ending an alien with explosives destroy the body and the loot also the zoombies. But I don't know exactly how does it work. Neither if other area agtacks like iron courtain destroy loots.
LordYanaek

Re: What are the abilities/weapons that destroy loots/corpses?

Post by LordYanaek »

• All explosives (grenades, rockets, cars, fuel tanks ...) and heavy weapons (flamethrower, shredder gun, shredstorm cannon) destroy bodies and loot.
  • Guns and abilities using guns don't (including heavy guns and abilities like saturation fire - but be careful blowing "explosive" cover with demolition).
  • DoT (such as fire set by the flamethrower don't destroy loot (only the initial flame does).
  • Direct damage abilities don't destroy loot (psi powers, combat protocol).
  • I don't think the Spark Bombard ability destroys loot but i'm not sure.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Surprisingly, MEC micro-missiles do not destroy loot, even though they look like a grenade/rocket type ability.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Good to know. I'd bet it's an oversight because you are not supposed to fire micromissiles and ADVENT doesn't recover loot.

BTW, can anyone confirm that using explosives to damage an enemy but finishing them with a gun doesn't destroy the loot? I always considered it works this way but never really checked if an enemy who got hit, but not killed by explosives (non needle) actually drops any loot when he's killed later.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

You get Resistance MECs too though. It's hilarious when you've collected 3 or 4 MECs in a region and get a Rendevouz... Micromissile everything :D

Only the killing blow matters for destroying corpses and loot. That's vanilla behaviour and it hasn't been changed in LW2.
Bu6613man

Post by Bu6613man »

Popping in to mention that Needle Grenades lets you use both grenades, AND heavy weapons, without destroying corpses.
saroscycler

Post by saroscycler »

LordYanaek wrote:
  • All explosives (grenades, rockets, cars, fuel tanks ...) and heavy weapons (flamethrower, shredder gun, shredstorm cannon) destroy bodies and loot.
  • Guns and abilities using guns don't (including heavy guns and abilities like saturation fire - but be careful blowing "explosive" cover with demolition).
  • DoT (such as fire set by the flamethrower don't destroy loot (only the initial flame does).
  • Direct damage abilities don't destroy loot (psi powers, combat protocol).
  • I don't think the Spark Bombard ability destroys loot but i'm not sure.
Bombard doesn't destroy loot.