1.3 QOL - Haven Leaders Loadout

Fizpez

1.3 QOL - Haven Leaders Loadout

Post by Fizpez »

I can not wait for this change - I find it so tedious to switch them out that I have basically abandoned upgrading them at this point. :oops:

Does anyone know how to modify the .ini files to activate this capability ahead of time? My poorly armored haven leaders will thank you profusely.....
JulianSkies

Re: 1.3 QOL - Haven Leaders Loadout

Post by JulianSkies »

Not doable via .ini editing as they need to change some code in the UI design
Fizpez

Post by Fizpez »

JulianSkies wrote:Not doable via .ini editing as they need to change some code in the UI design
*le sigh* I was afraid of that - oh well, at least they recognized the need and are fixing it - for that I will (eventually) be grateful.

/"No, that Kevlar armor and laser rifle looks great on you SGT, keep rockin' that look for a while longer" :lol:
SilentJ

Post by SilentJ »

On a slight tangent. Does it annoy anyone else that you have to keep kicking people out of squads to temporarily assign them as haven leaders? I waste so much time going back and forth between squad manager and resistance management pages
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

That's because you're not supposed to do this.
I'm almost sure the developers idea was for Haven Advisor to be a mid-long term assignment and not something you change each time a mission shows up. It's a way to make soldiers with awkward stats actually useful. You are not supposed to swap them in and out of advisor position.
SilentJ

Post by SilentJ »

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I like to have my highest ranked soldiers as haven leaders since they are better at finding faceless. However, if a particularly difficult or important mission comes up I may need to use these higher ranked soldiers for the mission which then leads to jumping through the UI hoops
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

LordYanaek wrote:That's because you're not supposed to do this.
I'm almost sure the developers idea was for Haven Advisor to be a mid-long term assignment and not something you change each time a mission shows up. It's a way to make soldiers with awkward stats actually useful. You are not supposed to swap them in and out of advisor position.
If that were the idea then they should put a timer on making switches, not give us the current braindead UI.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I've never gotten this impression at all. I've always seen HAs among the most vital positions in the whole strategy layer. I have specific builds just for them, and take them out on combat missions to keep them up to par on ranks. In fact most of my early game troops end up manning the havens because they are the highest ranked. Havens are the lifeblood of the campaign. I really don't understand why people look at it as a spot for poor quality troops. Having a strong HA is typically the difference between being able to hold out on a retal until the cavalry arrive, and getting stomped on the moment a pod shows up.

As for the QOL the OP was talking about. It would be nice if there was something in place that made it so you could pull them from the HA to send on a mission without having to jump through the havens to find all the ones you want. Especially since their classes are not listed when you view them in the haven screen. That would be nice as well!
ndessell

Post by ndessell »

Dlareh wrote:
If that were the idea then they should put a timer on making switches, not give us the current braindead UI.
Putting an advisor in a haven does nothing until the next day. This includes putting them back after swapping their gear.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

ndessell wrote: Putting an advisor in a haven does nothing until the next day. This includes putting them back after swapping their gear.
Rebels that are changing jobs do nothing for an entire day. Advisors work instantly as far as I can tell (I've rooted around in the source code to see).
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

chrisb wrote:
I've never gotten this impression at all. I've always seen HAs among the most vital positions in the whole strategy layer. I have specific builds just for them, and take them out on combat missions to keep them up to par on ranks.
You might be perfectly right. The way the UI wasn't optimized to help redeploy them definitely makes me think they were not supposed to be swapped all the time and it also doesn't make a lot of sense that with the Avenger flying from North America to East Asia, you can take someone out of a haven in South Africa and deploy him with the rest of the squad with no issues. Of course i wasn't able to read the developer's mind :D
As for the QOL the OP was talking about. It would be nice if there was something in place that made it so you could pull them from the HA to send on a mission without having to jump through the havens to find all the ones you want. Especially since their classes are not listed when you view them in the haven screen. That would be nice as well!
It's true that the UI for Advisors is rather annoying currently but we know they are working on it and a similar request was recently moved to the "bug reports" subforum so they are probably considering the issue.

Ideally, to keep everything perfectly logical advisors should be "locked" in position for some time to contribute to their job. You should still be able to recall them in case of emergency but with a confirmation to warn you you'll loose some progress. However you should be able to use a region's advisor for every mission in that region freely, even improving your infiltration if you do (since he probably have direct contact with people from the region) but not any advisor from across the globe.
Well, that's my idea of the ideal advisor system, other players might have other ideas.
SilentJ

Post by SilentJ »

Hooray. The concerns raised here are being fixed in the QOL update for 1.5 :D
- Allow Liaison soldiers to be added to squads.

- Allow soldiers in a squad to be assigned to Liaison duty in a Haven and dim their icon to make sure they appear unavailable like others in training/wounded.
DaviBones

Post by DaviBones »

SilentJ wrote:Hooray. The concerns raised here are being fixed in the QOL update for 1.5 :D
- Allow Liaison soldiers to be added to squads.

- Allow soldiers in a squad to be assigned to Liaison duty in a Haven and dim their icon to make sure they appear unavailable like others in training/wounded.

This may sound ridiculous but I have literally been waiting for 1.5 to start a new campaign for the sole reason of not wanting to play without this fix :roll: