Gas grenade vs flashbang

Nibelung44

Gas grenade vs flashbang

Post by Nibelung44 »

Can someone tell me what they do exactly. Playing ironman, and not remembering vanilla XCOM2 that much (and in any case, LW team could have changed their properties), I don't dare using them as a crowd control device.

Basically, do they shutdown abilities, or only applies 1-2 damages, slow move and give a medium aim penalty (this is already nice though!).
Kharneth

Re: Gas grenade vs flashbang

Post by Kharneth »

Gas granades don't shutdown abilities like flashbangs do.
Poison status don't affect movement in LW, only aim
Basically gas granades are only better crowd if you play with red fog on, when stacked the poison aim penalty plus damage aim and movement penalty for initial damage and guaranted damage at the start of the alien turn.
Also gas don't affect vipers and robotics (flasbangs can affects robotics with a perk)
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Gas is not a replacement for flashbangs. I do flashbang first, then poison grenade. Renders the pod completely helpless for a turn except for the immunes. Try to kill the enemies with abilities next turn or suppress them or re-apply flashbang.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Dwarfling wrote:Gas is not a replacement for flashbangs. I do flashbang first, then gas grenade, or gas then flashbang if you got 2 grenadiers. Renders the pod completely helpless for a turn except for the immunes. Try to kill the enemies with abilities next turn or suppress them or re-apply flashbang.