maximum no of missions available simultaneously

Goldenmonkey

maximum no of missions available simultaneously

Post by Goldenmonkey »

Hi,

is there a maximum number of missions, that can be available at the same time, within one region?
I know that it is limited within mission types, so that you can only have 2 guerilla ops available at the same time, for example.
But lets say I have x missions availabe with long timers in region A. For whatever reason, I don't want to do either one of them. Is it possible, that the region is "full" and no new mission can spawn until I attempt one of these or the timer runs out?

Thanks
LordYanaek

Re: maximum no of missions available simultaneously

Post by LordYanaek »

Yes, there is both a maximum amount of mission type available globally and a maximum to the total amount of any mission in a given region.
I have to dig into the ini to find the exact values and i don't think quick response (retaliations) and unlimited timer missions (golden path) are counted towards that maximum but i'm not sure.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

LordYanaek wrote:Yes, there is both a maximum amount of mission type available globally and a maximum to the total amount of any mission in a given region.
I have to dig into the ini to find the exact values and i don't think quick response (retaliations) and unlimited timer missions (golden path) are counted towards that maximum but i'm not sure.
I don't recall seeing any limits on the total number of mission running, regionally or globally. Specific mission types sometimes have conditions added that only allow one of them in a region, and some mission categories have limits. I think guerilla ops have something like a '2 in region' limit. Libs don't count towards that. Practically speaking a region is going to have a limit because of the mission types that can spawn given alert/vigilance requirements and the one in region conditions. But globally? You could be running 20+ if you could field the teams.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

I think i wasn't very clear. It's not a global limit on the total number of missions but a global limit on the number of a specific activity e.g. you can't have more than x "high value prisoner" activity simultaneously on the entire map (that activity gives you jailbreaks missions). I really can't find this in the ini so maybe it's just plain wrong. I'm sure i've read this somewhere along with tips like starting the mission and immediately calling for evac in order to allow another one to spawn but again, maybe it's just "internet truth"
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

LordYanaek wrote:I think i wasn't very clear. It's not a global limit on the total number of missions but a global limit on the number of a specific activity e.g. you can't have more than x "high value prisoner" activity simultaneously on the entire map (that activity gives you jailbreaks missions). I really can't find this in the ini so maybe it's just plain wrong. I'm sure i've read this somewhere along with tips like starting the mission and immediately calling for evac in order to allow another one to spawn but again, maybe it's just "internet truth"
There are conditions like this. They are not in ini files specifically, they are in the templates which are part of the code. Sometimes these templates will use values from configs, but not all conditions have configurable options.

The various mechanics of the conditions are the files prefixed with X2LWActivityCondition. The templates themselves are in X2StrategyElement_DefaultAlienActivities.

For example with political prisoners (rebels & rookies) it has.

Code: Select all

Template.ActivityCreation = new class'X2LWActivityCreation';
Template.ActivityCreation.Conditions.AddItem(default.SingleActivityInRegion);
Template.ActivityCreation.Conditions.AddItem(default.ContactedAlienRegion);
Template.ActivityCreation.Conditions.AddItem(default.GeneralOpsCondition);
Template.ActivityCreation.Conditions.AddItem(new class'X2LWActivityCondition_AlertVigilance');
Template.ActivityCreation.Conditions.AddItem(default.TwoActivitiesInWorld);
The GeneralOpsCondition is defined near the bottom.

Code: Select all

Begin Object Class=X2LWActivityCondition_RestrictedActivity Name=DefaultGeneralOpsCondition
	CategoryNames(0)="GeneralOps"
	MaxRestricted_Category=2
End Object
GeneralOpsCondition = DefaultGeneralOpsCondition;
This is what limits the number of genops in a region.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Thanks for pointing this and sorry for making a mess of my first answer :oops: