adjust current campaign to fit 1.3

Goldenmonkey

adjust current campaign to fit 1.3

Post by Goldenmonkey »

I don't have that much time to play (sad! total disaster!), so I don't want to restart my whole campaign after 1.3 gets released. I understand, I technically won't have to, but will 1.3 make certein builds/squads useless?
For example, I am building 2-3 2 man squads for stealthy missions. As I heard, stealth will change a lot in 1.3
So will a few perks, I guess.

I am pretty early in the campaign, so my question is, what should I avoid in terms of soldier builds, squad composition etc. to not have it rendered useless all of a sudden?
darkerevent

Re: adjust current campaign to fit 1.3

Post by darkerevent »

Word on the grapevine is that 1- to 3-man stealth runs will be severely worse in 1.3, so I recommend training up some more assaults and grenadiers while the training is good.

That said, since I'm not a tester, I don't have any special insight into what the new meta is going to look like. I just hope that if we're being forced to run GOps as combat missions, that they'll be balanced accordingly. (The stealth meta appears to have arisen in the first place because people found fighting GOps with medium-sized squads to be far too dangerous and inefficient from the midgame onward, alongside the more general problem of too many missions popping with insufficient time to infiltrate a combat squad.)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

darkerevent wrote:(The stealth meta appears to have arisen in the first place because people found fighting GOps with medium-sized squads to be far too dangerous and inefficient from the midgame onward, alongside the more general problem of too many missions popping with insufficient time to infiltrate a combat squad.)
The stealth meta have arisen for lots of reasons.

According to some comments posted by xwynns, there will be less 8 man pods in GOps (maybe not at all unless str is really high) but more (smaller) pods so fighting a pod will be easier with a limited squad while sneaking them all will be harder.

Now, 1.3 isn't out yet and they are still testing stuff.
JM01

Post by JM01 »

Well it looks like according to Xavier Wynns (an actual tester if you don't know who he is) states that 1.3 is still quite a ways away so you likely have good bit of time to play around in 1.2 before 1.3 is released so I wouldn't worry about any existing campaigns.

That being said once 1.3 is actually released I think it would be a good idea to start a new campaign as there will be enough new changes to warrant a restart IMO.
Content Consumer

Post by Content Consumer »

The bug with the Alien Nest showing up twice will require a new campaign. IIRC everything else (so far) will not.
It's the one reason I'm waiting to start a new game. :)
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

Well Joinrbs house rules might provide a baseline:
Missions need at least 50% infiltration (no 0% supply raids), no radio relays in regions that haven't defeated the network tower, more use of larger squads (5+) for missions when possible, try not to stealth too many missions, more pistol perks!