Missing intel packages and loot

Sax2514

Missing intel packages and loot

Post by Sax2514 »

Hello everyone,

In my actual campaign I'm in august 2035 (legendary/ non ironman) and everytime I won a mission with intel packages, I don't get any rewards. Previously, the intel packages worked fine, but after having done a certain amount of these types of missions, I get nothing. Is this a bug or is it working as intended? It's frustrating putting effort on a mission hoping to get a good POI and then you get nothing.

Also, I noticed that everytime I do a Haven Defense mission or Defend a Supply convoy mission, enemies NEVER drop any loot; instead, in Stop the Retaliation missions, the loot system works fine. Why is the loot missing in those kind of missions?
seananigans

Re: Missing intel packages and loot

Post by seananigans »

Here's some mostly-informed input (could be wrong):

1) PoI's are a limited pool, and can run out. It's possible you've hit the limit in your campaign?

2) Certain enemies are 100% off limits for dropping loot (mods/cores etc, not corpses). This includes reinforcements of any type, as far as I know. If the retal you're talking about is the 8-wave reinforcement variety, you'll never see loot on those. Supply retals are largely reinforcement based as well, and personally I can't recall any of the (rare) pre-existing pods containing loot.
Sax2514

Post by Sax2514 »

If POI are a limited pool, then I think Pavonis should either inform the player that they are not available anymore or just remove the limitation. It's not fair that you don't receive nothing: if a mission says you could get an intel package, then if you win the mission you must get the intel package, plain and simple.

Also, those Haven defense and Supply convoys missions should give loot: I don't know why they shouldn't.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

#1 shouldn't be happening; we've 1) made it so all POIs can occur again and 2) replace with some supplies if there's no POI. Not sure how much of our fixes are in 1.2, though.

#2 is a vanilla rule: reinforcements don't drop loot. I'm not sure we can change that rule, but I'm leaving it there because otherwise you could farm reinforcements for stuff.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

I did have #1 happen to me, in a campaign started in 1.1 and upgraded to 1.2 in April or so.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Same here for #1 : A campaign started with 1.1 and finished with 1.2 ran out of PoIs by the end. Maybe campaigns started with 1.2 directly wouldn't be affected.
Sax2514

Post by Sax2514 »

#johnnylump thanks for your answer. I hope intel packages will be fixed in patch 1.3. About the possibility of farming reinforcements for loot in Haven Defense and Defend the Supply convoy missions: the farming in the first case could be avoided if the loot is present only in the first 7-8 pods of reinforcements ( i.e. until the skyranger arrives); in the Defend the supply convoy mission, I think that farming is not possible because there is only a fixed numer of reinforcements, so even in this case I think that loot could be implemented.

#LordYanek my actual campaign was started after patch 1.2 came out, but the problem is still present
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

johnnylump wrote:#1 shouldn't be happening; we've 1) made it so all POIs can occur again and 2) replace with some supplies if there's no POI. Not sure how much of our fixes are in 1.2, though.
In my previous campaign, I got no POIs between (roughly, as best I can remember) the time I completed Lost Towers and the time the Nest spawned. That may be coincidence, or me seeing a correlation that's not there, or it might actually be something, no idea.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Yeah, I think our fixes require a new campaign to take effect. This is mixed in with the weirdness with the DLC POIs (which we did not fix for 1.2 but instead for 1.3)
josna238

Post by josna238 »

I confirm it happens to me too. I haven't reported because I thougth it was intended to balance game (to not receive forever free power, contacts, mecs and engis/sciens).
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

johnnylump wrote:Yeah, I think our fixes require a new campaign to take effect. This is mixed in with the weirdness with the DLC POIs (which we did not fix for 1.2 but instead for 1.3)
Is there any sort of temp work-around for specifically this DLC POI issue until 1.3 drops, which seems to be a long way off?