Questions for Pavonis on mods

Sparky79

Questions for Pavonis on mods

Post by Sparky79 »

Hi.
Big fan of your work but there was a question thats been bugging me so I made an account.
I know that you can make mods for anything you want in the game but what is the opinion of you guys on:
-Rifles for all? Cause kinda sucks that snipers and gunners cant use rifles and SMGs -whats your opinon?
-X4 charges? The breaching charge was a great thing. But its strange you didnt add remote explosives.
Content Consumer

Re: Questions for Pavonis on mods

Post by Content Consumer »

IIRC there was a problem with using rifles and SMGs with sniper perks. They didn't interact well, from what I remember (though I could be confusing this with the last XCOM game...).
Thematically, of course, it doesn't make much sense to be able to shoot something like that clear across the map at targets you can't even see. :)

I don't know about gunner perks though - I think the main issue with those is the lack of ammunition.
Kharneth

Re: Questions for Pavonis on mods

Post by Kharneth »

I change the ini to allow snipers carry rifles. I made it to use my officer holotarget with smg. It play like a totally different class only with holotarget and officer abilities, i never tried to shoot something so it stuppid carrying a sniper rifle. Anyway trying to shoot with a rifle with squadsigh is probably worthless due to range penalties.

Can't talk about gunners, but gunners abilities should work well, it are allowed to other classes by AWC after all.