Rebel jobs change, progress lost?

Goldenmonkey

Rebel jobs change, progress lost?

Post by Goldenmonkey »

If I change my rebels job, will the progress be lost?

I am trying to generate as many GOps missions as possible early game, while recruiting as many rebels as possible.
Region A 4 rebels
Region B 8 Rebels.

Region A: all recruit
Region B: all intel, and Avenger scan

If I find 2 GOps in B ->
Region A: All intel + Avenger
Region B: All but one recruit, one on intel

Does this strategy makes sense? Will I lose progress if I change all of their jobs?

thanks!
josna238

Re: Rebel jobs change, progress lost?

Post by josna238 »

As I was told, every change in the job means the loss of a day, so you need to evaluate in wich point of GOp progress you caught the mission. I mean if the GOp is going to respawn in your Intel region in less than 2 days it doesn't worth to lose 12 days*rebel*job plus 6hours avenger, but if you caught these GOps with huge infiltration times (something like 9 or 10 days I guess it would worth to lose one day and a quarter of work.
Goldenmonkey

Post by Goldenmonkey »

josna238 wrote:As I was told, every change in the job means the loss of a day, so you need to evaluate in wich point of GOp progress you caught the mission. I mean if the GOp is going to respawn in your Intel region in less than 2 days it doesn't worth to lose 12 days*rebel*job plus 6hours avenger, but if you caught these GOps with huge infiltration times (something like 9 or 10 days I guess it would worth to lose one day and a quarter of work.
I don't quite follow. So if I change a rebell's job, I lose 1 day worth of his effort? So if I change all of them, it is like the whole haven doesn't work for one day?
I think I can live with that. I only want to do 1 mission a week in these regions anyway so I won't spike vigilance.
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

Goldenmonkey wrote:
josna238 wrote:As I was told, every change in the job means the loss of a day, so you need to evaluate in wich point of GOp progress you caught the mission. I mean if the GOp is going to respawn in your Intel region in less than 2 days it doesn't worth to lose 12 days*rebel*job plus 6hours avenger, but if you caught these GOps with huge infiltration times (something like 9 or 10 days I guess it would worth to lose one day and a quarter of work.
I don't quite follow. So if I change a rebell's job, I lose 1 day worth of his effort? So if I change all of them, it is like the whole haven doesn't work for one day?
I think I can live with that. I only want to do 1 mission a week in these regions anyway so I won't spike vigilance.
Basically, when you change a rebel's job, they start working on the next day to prevent over-minmaxing
Goldenmonkey

Post by Goldenmonkey »

thanks for the info.
I discussed it in another thread (LW2 Strategic Layer: Managing Strength and Vigilance), if anyone is interested.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

That's correct that swapping a rebel's job puts them on 1 day cooldown for production, but I think the question was more aligned toward "what happens to the accumulated pool of job resource?"

And to that, I don't have an answer myself. I believe it remains tied to the Haven and can't be lost, but I'm not sure.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

It's still there. You can see it yourself using LWDumpHavenInfo and checking your Launch.log file.