Pistols (underused) and AWC

chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Pistols (underused) and AWC

Post by chrisb »

There is a lot of confusion, most of which seems to be misguided information in the community. Here's the specifics.

Intel/Recruit/Supply raids, sometimes caused mini-retals, automatically spawn and are all instant infiltration like Rendezvous. They have roughly a 2-3 week regional cooldown. So once you get one you are 'clear' for at least 2 weeks, though you can still get a full retal.

Retals, internally called Counterinsurgency have a 2 part mission setup. The first spawns like a normal GOP and has the text protect a data leak. When this missions is failed or ignored it will spawn a full retal which is either Haven Defense or Terror. The former is somewhat easy depending on spawns, the latter seems to be more difficult but I've never actually had one myself.

Here's what the ini looks like for them.

Full Retalliation

Code: Select all

[Counterinsurgency X2LWAlienActivityTemplate]
iPriority=30
ActivityCategory="COIN"
RequiredRebelMissionIncome=60.0						; Rebels have to earn this before accumulation begins
DiscoveryPctChancePerDayPerHundredMissionIncome=31	;
MinVigilance=4
MinAlert=4

MissionTree[0] =	(	MissionFamilies[0]="DestroyObject_LW", \\
						Duration_Hours=144, \\
						DurationRand_Hours=48 \\
					)

MissionTree[1] =	(	MissionFamilies[0]="Terror_LW", \\
						MissionFamilies[1]="Defend_LW", \\
						Duration_Hours=24, \\
						DurationRand_Hours=5, \\
						ForceActivityDetection=true \\
					)
The duration of the first mission is 6-8 days expiry. With a full haven of rebels it will take at least 1 day to hit the 60 income required to start detecting, so this means 5-7 days is the best you'll get. I haven't worked out the cumulative odds of detecting it by 2 days which is sort of the minimum to do this sort of mission. Even then it requires good suppressors and probably some camo + boost to get any decent chance.

Raids

Code: Select all

[IntelRaid X2LWAlienActivityTemplate]
iPriority=41
MinAlert=3
MinVigilance=2

MissionTree[0] =	(	MissionFamilies[0]="IntelRaid_LW", \\
						Duration_Hours=24, \\
						DurationRand_Hours=5, \\
					)

[SupplyConvoy X2LWAlienActivityTemplate]
iPriority=42
MinAlert=4
MinVigilance=1

MissionTree[0] =	(	MissionFamilies[0]="SupplyConvoy_LW", \\
						Duration_Hours=24, \\
						DurationRand_Hours=5, \\
					)

[RecruitRaid X2LWAlienActivityTemplate]
iPriority=43
MinAlert=4
MinVigilance=1

MissionTree[0] =	(	MissionFamilies[0]="RecruitRaid_LW", \\
						Duration_Hours=24, \\
						DurationRand_Hours=5, \\
					)
These are all mostly the same. You get 24-28 hours to send troops to complete it. Intel starts trying to spawn at 3 strength, the others at 4.
JoINrbs
Long War 2 Crew

Post by JoINrbs »

Jacke wrote:I think that's one of the most damning things about the current meta about LW2 Legendary unmodded (as in gameplay mods): only the playtesters are playing it. I could never play Doom on Nightmare back in the day or most similar games (eg. Duke Nukem 3D) on similar settings. But I can just manage to some degree top difficulty XCOM 2. But top difficulty LW2 just doesn't feel right. With so many YouTubers/streamers there should be some who would just like the challenge. But I think a factor has to be the whole nature of Long War: it's one thing to struggle mightily for the 20-30 hours needed for most games, but for 100's of hours that's just too much.
lots of other people are playing L/I. a ton of the feedback i've gotten in the last couple of months has been from other L/I players pointing things out to me. you're not meant to be able to beat L/I LW2 if you could only just beat L/I X2 though; it is meant to be far more difficult.
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Jacke wrote:I find a lot of these have a steep learning curve. I see xwynns makes simple mistakes like not upgrading the gear of his Haven Advisors nor seeing they get any experience, at least to Cpl/2Lt.
How much of that is a 'mistake', and how much of it is simply not being willing to go through the pain of upgrading the gear because of the UI? I know that even when I have spare gear I don't feel like fighting the UI to upgrade my advisor's gear.

1.3 will make a huge difference in that for me, at least.
ndessell

Post by ndessell »

dstar3k wrote:
Jacke wrote:I find a lot of these have a steep learning curve. I see xwynns makes simple mistakes like not upgrading the gear of his Haven Advisors nor seeing they get any experience, at least to Cpl/2Lt.
How much of that is a 'mistake', and how much of it is simply not being willing to go through the pain of upgrading the gear because of the UI? I know that even when I have spare gear I don't feel like fighting the UI to upgrade my advisor's gear.

1.3 will make a huge difference in that for me, at least.

there is a 100% chance advisors will be subject to the gear stripping buttons.