Phosphorus & mech units

Nibelung44

Phosphorus & mech units

Post by Nibelung44 »

It is not clear to me if the now damage-able mech units can also be disoriented, panic or even set to burn if you also have Napalm?

Because if phosphorus is only doing 2-5 dmg to a mech unit, I could not care less!
Tuhalu

Re: Phosphorus & mech units

Post by Tuhalu »

All phosphorus does is make Robotic units not immune to your flamethrower damage. YMMV as to whether or not that's better than the other choices at that level.
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

Thanks, that's enough for me to decide!
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Yeah, it's pretty much a non-choice, being that Burning is actually what you use a flamethrower for, and that the (low) initial damage won't go thru the always-armored mech units. Compare that to +1 armor and 66% explosive damage reduction. Or, I guess Tandem, but I'm almost always picking Formidable to combo with Tac Vest.
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

and Tandem don't max damages, it only remove the damage reduction from distance, because you can hit for 2 with tandem
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Nibelung44 wrote:and Tandem don't max damages, it only remove the damage reduction from distance, because you can hit for 2 with tandem
That would be an interesting buff... adding +1 or two to the _minimum_ damage, but not the max, _after_ it determined what the damage was going to be (IOW, it uses the, IIRC, roughly bell-curved shaped distribution for damage, but then bumps it up by 1 or 2 if needed).

It would actually result in you getting the new minimum damage more often than max damage, because basically it would mean you'd have more chances to get the new minimum than the max... but it would still be a boost, because you'd have gotten less before.

I like the idea, anyway, but then I like 'different' and 'unusual'.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

At least it looks like the options are more optional in 1.3.

Tandem Warheads remains the same (removes the damage falloff for distance, allowing you to potentially hit for max damage right out to the edge of rocket).

Formidable replaces the 1 point of armor with 2 points of ablative armor, which is nice, but not quite as exciting for armor stacking purposes. The 2/3rds reduction in explosive damage taken remains.

Phosphorus still allows you to do damage to mechanic enemies, but also adds 1 point of shred to all your flamethrower hits (melt that armor away!). If you're going for a full flamethrower build, you'll have the ability to deal with armor a lot better. It should be noted that higher tier gauntlets also have increased damage scaling allowing your flames to do an additional point or two of damage, acting as a ninja buff to phosphorus as well.