When do Rebels get better weapons?

Doctor Sticks

When do Rebels get better weapons?

Post by Doctor Sticks »

What decides exactly when they get to use Laser for example? DO they just take from a pool of your own items? But I recall seeing rebels with Laser shotguns, even when I never built one.
Clibanarius

Re: When do Rebels get better weapons?

Post by Clibanarius »

Once you have MAGNETIC weaponry, they will equip lasers sometimes. Once you have COILS they will equip MAGNETICS sometimes. It's always a tier behind.
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Clibanarius wrote:Once you have MAGNETIC weaponry, they will equip lasers sometimes. Once you have COILS they will equip MAGNETICS sometimes. It's always a tier behind.
Does it get more likely the longer you have a given tier? E.G., if it's been six months since you got coils, is it more likely that they'll equip mags than if it's been a week?

I hope so, that would be perfect.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

I think it's completely random. I've reloaded a map a few times at the very beginning and had my rebels equipped one time with 1 laser and another time with 4, both times yielding different weapon archetypes to boot. So it seems like it's completely random, just a pool that can be drawn from at random maybe?
dstar3k

Post by dstar3k »

Clibanarius wrote:I think it's completely random. I've reloaded a map a few times at the very beginning and had my rebels equipped one time with 1 laser and another time with 4, both times yielding different weapon archetypes to boot. So it seems like it's completely random, just a pool that can be drawn from at random maybe?
Damn.

*sniff* *sniff* I smell a mod in search of an author....
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Rebels equip better weapons based both on tech level and their own level. The higher their personal level*, the higher the chance they'll equip an available tech.

At lasers, they equip lasers sometimes (20, 40 or 60%).
At mags, they equip lasers more often (40, 80 or 100%). You must have researched lasers for them to equip lasers.
At coil, they equip at least lasers (100%) and replace that with mag weapons sometimes (20, 40 or 60%).
At plasma, they equip at least lasers (100%) and mag weapons more often (60, 100 or 100%).

On any given mission, there is a 20% chance for a rebel to equip an SMG and a 20% chance to equip a Shotgun (one d100 roll: 00-19 = smg, 20-39 = shotgun, 40-99 = rifle).

* Rebels can be level 1, 2 or 3 (and level-up randomly using a time based mechanic). A level 2 rebel will have 2 perks and a level 3 will have 4 perks in the haven management window.