SEVEN Faceless on one mission!

Razor

SEVEN Faceless on one mission!

Post by Razor »

I just had a VIP mission in which SEVEN faceless morphed over the course of several turns. I have never seen anything like it. Fortunately, we came out unharmed, but it was really unnerving having 1-2 faceless change each turn during the heat of combat with Chryssalids and snakes, etc.

Has anyone else had this happen on a mission? Is there anything I should know about this? I don't think there's a faceless in my haven for that region, so was it just random monster generation for the map?
Tuhalu

Re: SEVEN Faceless on one mission!

Post by Tuhalu »

Razor wrote:I just had a VIP mission in which SEVEN faceless morphed over the course of several turns. I have never seen anything like it. Fortunately, we came out unharmed, but it was really unnerving having 1-2 faceless change each turn during the heat of combat with Chryssalids and snakes, etc.

Has anyone else had this happen on a mission? Is there anything I should know about this? I don't think there's a faceless in my haven for that region, so was it just random monster generation for the map?
Is that a Dark VIP assassination mission? From what I understand, they can certainly have many hidden faceless (not sure if high region strength is required or not).
Razor

Post by Razor »

Yes, it was a Dark VIP mission. Fortunately, my assault has close encounters and he was able to move up and take them out fairly easily each round, but it was very surreal. I've played a ton of XCom 2, but never seen this happen before. Really kept me on my toes!
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

It's not dependant on faceless on the haven or an event. Those missions have faceless hidden around the VIP. Not sure if it always happens but it happened to me. So that +1 comms doesn't come cheap. I usually abstain and go for a kill.

Also remember that not always you'll get a clear LoS for your sharpshooter (sometimes you get a VIP spawn inside a prison building, or only one window/door that points in the wrong direction), so bring an axe with your shinobi as a second option so you can throw it and make a run for it.