How many missions of a kind can exist on a region?

josna238

How many missions of a kind can exist on a region?

Post by josna238 »

I am quite confused. I thought that guerrilla operations are caped to two per region. But I have a region (strength 1 and 1st liberation mission done) where I have this activity:

1 Suply raid
1 Liberation extract vip (2nd stage)
1 Hack Workstation (Intel+POI)
1 Sabotage monument (Intel)
1 Rescue Contacts (4 rebels + 1 RK)

I don't know why the last one appeared (Is a guerrilla anyway) and can't be a "Snare" because the strength of the region is 1 (although it was oscilating between 1 and 2).
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: How many missions of a kind can exist on a region?

Post by chrisb »

Supply raid and Liberation are not categorized as guerilla ops, they have their own spawning rules. The Sabotage(Propoganda) and Rebels(PolicitalPrisoners) are both definetly gops.

Hack mission is not itself a mission category, rather it's a template. It can be either Lib 1, counter DE, 3 UFO types or a Facility Lead(ProtectResearch).

The only other category hack mission is used for is a ProtectData which typically gives Intel and a POI. ProtectData can also be destroy relay or recover item for the same reward, or it can be rescue vip from vehicle or extract vip from city for the vip reward + POI. Protect Data is a gop.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Thanks a lot. I thought that hack was an GOP because I was following this .xls that I extracted from this forum (don't remember post). Do you know were could I get a list of all kind of missions?
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

There's one on UFOpedia but it won't really help you for the hack mission.
More interesting is the ADVENT activities list.

Actually the limit is not really set per mission but per activity (or maybe groups of activity) and some missions can be generated by different ADVENT activities while the same activity can generate several different missions. That's the reason why you can see several Hack missions if they are generated by different activities (such as Protect Data, Add Troop Strength or Dark Event Research).

You can tell some of those activities apart from each other by the mission reward : Protect Region Early (liberation 1) will never have an Intel Package, Dark Event research will clearly say "counter dark event". Others can't be easily differentiated : both normal Protect Data and Add Troop Strength will reward you with an Intel Package but the first one will give you a PoI (scansite) while the second will spawn a UFO mission and yet another one will give you a Facility Lead.

This can look confusing but this is intentional, you don't know for sure what kind of data ADVENT is trying to protect, just that there is some possibly useful data to recover.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

The mission that will locate a UFO for you actually has no Intel Package. Xwynns was able to find a couple UFOs in his campaign by focusing on missions with only Intel as a reward, particularly in areas where Liberation 1 was complete (because Lib1 and UFO lead missions look exactly the same).
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Thanks for the tips. I was sure only Lib1 had no Intel Package, looks like i was wrong.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Thanks, the .xls I refered was this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1095168118.

I have attached it incorrectly. Then I guess that the mission that give me the problem is the Sabotage Monument. In this ways the numbers match (2 Guerrilla, 1 Supply, 1 Sabotage and 1 Liberation).

I wanted to know because I used to change the avenger to pump intel on other region once I had 2 guerrillas active because I thought couldn't receive another.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

No, the Sabotage is a Guerilla Op, or internally it's refered to as GeneralOps. The hack mission is not an activity type, it is just a template that is used by various activities as one of the possible templates.

Full list of activities that have Hack_LW as a possible mission template.
  • COINResearch
  • COINOps
  • ScheduledOffWorldReinforcements
  • EmergencyOffWorldReinforcements
  • SuperEmergencyOffWorldReinforcements
  • ProtectResearch
  • ProtectData
  • Snare