locked on and hyper reactive

Jackal

locked on and hyper reactive

Post by Jackal »

soooo

news flash... i guess these two don't stack, which is an embarassment to me that I never noticed this before... since i've just outfitted two more rangers with hrp ... sigh... i'm soooo many missions in on this game, but it looks like i'm gonna be starting over anyway.. sheesh, what a back breaker
JM01

Re: locked on and hyper reactive

Post by JM01 »

Jackal wrote:soooo

news flash... i guess these two don't stack, which is an embarassment to me that I never noticed this before... since i've just outfitted two more rangers with hrp ... sigh... i'm soooo many missions in on this game, but it looks like i'm gonna be starting over anyway.. sheesh, what a back breaker
Huh, they have both been stacking for me. Has the ranger you have it equipped on missed any shots with the primary shot of light 'em up? Remember that HRP only procs on a miss so if your first shot hits it will not proc.
darkerevent

Post by darkerevent »

I've only used HRP on one character, but I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't stack correctly.

Remember, HRP gives +10 aim to your next shot (at any target) after you miss a shot for any reason, while Locked On only grants its bonus if you shoot at the same target repeatedly (regardless of whether the shots hit or miss). In order to see +20 aim on the second shot, you'll need to shoot at the same target twice but miss the first shot.

(On a side note, HRP is a relatively weak PCS due to not triggering unless you miss. It was pretty cool in Long War 1, where it was a perk granted by game's gene modding system and only competed with that game's version of Depth Perception... but, since LW2 has only one PCS slot, and since there are PCSes that outright give you +aim on all shots unconditionally, the benefit from installing HRP tends to be pretty marginal.)
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

hhhmmmm, i could have sworn the guy missed, but maybe he only grazed if this doesn't seem to be the case in other players' games

so, to be clear HRP and Locked-On *DO* stack, right?

provided the soldier misses the first shot and fires at the same target the second shot, the cumulative plus should be 20?
darkerevent

Post by darkerevent »

Jackal wrote:hhhmmmm, i could have sworn the guy missed, but maybe he only grazed if this doesn't seem to be the case in other players' games

so, to be clear HRP and Locked-On *DO* stack, right?

provided the soldier misses the first shot and fires at the same target the second shot, the cumulative plus should be 20?
To the best of my understanding, that is how it should work. If it doesn't, then it's a bug.