Faceless question

Jackal

Faceless question

Post by Jackal »

Okay, so I thought that once you rid a region of faceless, that they wouldn't be a problem in that region. i had two separate missions in one region of faceless (one each) and so I thought that region was "cleared." But, apparently, this is not the case. is it because the added rebel might end up being faceless, so every time you add a rebel to a haven, there is a chance of that rebel being a faceless?
Fizzwick

Re: Faceless question

Post by Fizzwick »

Any new rebel could be Faceless. And I'm not 100% sure that a successful Rendezvous clears all of them out of your Haven. Some may still be around. But as long as you're recruiting, Faceless will remain an issue. Any clearing of them is temporary at best.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

• Every rebel, new or not have a 16% chance of being a faceless (this is doubled during Infiltrators Dark Even)
  • A Rendezvous mission will always expose one or two faceless so if you had more than two you'll still have some in the haven after the Rendezvous
  • Active rebels (those helping you) during any mission, including Rendezvous can also be faceless. They just prefer to kill one of their kin than blow their cover
  • During retaliation, faceless will always reveal themselves so any rebel rescued during a retaliation is guaranteed not to be a faceless
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

thanks fellas
josna238

Post by josna238 »

As far as I know it work as follows:

- Every new rebel has a random chance to be a Faceless.
- After a period the game triggers "the faceless" check.
- Every Faceless has his own "intel pool" and a % chance to be discovered on the current "faceless check" depending on how full is each "intel pool"
- If any of them are revealed there isn't mission, if one or more are revealed then a mission appears with those faceless.

So you could have 3 faceless on a region at the end of a "faceless period" but only 2 of them roll over RNG number so you receive a mission with 2 faceless and the other start the following "faceless period".

To have a reasonable idea of having a clean region I chose a non-growing regiong and set a high ranked ofiicer (psion if possible) during three weeks to be something like 95% sure to don't have spies there.
Severian

Post by Severian »

You can also tell if you have faceless left if you are still losing supplies. And using the retaliation missions you can even figure out who the faceless is. This can be quite frustrating, because there is nothing you can do about it - it would be nice if you could execute them. :twisted:
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

josna238 wrote:As far as I know it work as follows:

- Every new rebel has a random chance to be a Faceless.
- After a period the game triggers "the faceless" check.
- Every Faceless has his own "intel pool" and a % chance to be discovered on the current "faceless check" depending on how full is each "intel pool"
- If any of them are revealed there isn't mission, if one or more are revealed then a mission appears with those faceless.

So you could have 3 faceless on a region at the end of a "faceless period" but only 2 of them roll over RNG number so you receive a mission with 2 faceless and the other start the following "faceless period".

To have a reasonable idea of having a clean region I chose a non-growing regiong and set a high ranked ofiicer (psion if possible) during three weeks to be something like 95% sure to don't have spies there.
This isn't quite accurate. There's no check per faceless. In the background there is a mission that spawns for 21-28 days with a low chance to be detected, and is not influenced by rebel intel, only the soldier adviser ranks. Every 6 hours an RNG roll is made and either detects the mission, spawning the Rendezvous or continues on. If the mission expires first, then a new mission spawns with the pool at 0 and starts over.

For the number of faceless, if there is only 1, you will get only 1. If there are more than 1, you will get two. There is no RNG in the number of faceless, the only RNG is in which faceless get picked if there are more than 2.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

chrisb wrote:For the number of faceless, if there is only 1, you will get only 1. If there are more than 1, you will get two. There is no RNG in the number of faceless, the only RNG is in which faceless get picked if there are more than 2.
I'm fairly sure there's only up to 2 Faceless from the Haven that will show up. They can be seen originally as human or they can convert out of sight. However, there can be added Faceless with the ADVENT forces that show up in the Rendezvous mission, especially later in the campaign.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Thanks for the clarification. I thougth that it worked as guerrillas with an "intel pool" that where filled with soldier advisor instead of intel rebel and the speed of the filling depended on advisor rank.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

josna238 wrote:
When you say high ranked officer... do you mean the ones made in GWC or just high ranking soldier?
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Jackal wrote:
josna238 wrote:
When you say high ranked officer... do you mean the ones made in GWC or just high ranking soldier?
I think that what increases chance are each soldier rank and each officer rank, not the AWC rank. And if is psionic the chance is even higher.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Basically the higher the (normal) rank of the adviser, the higher the chance to detect any faceless.
Officer ranks add half normal ranks.
Psi ranks add more.
There is diminishing return after Sgt rank.
Psi ranks are less severely affected by diminishing return so a high ranking psi is much better than a high ranking normal soldier. For mid-ranking soldiers, psi are only marginally better.

For the technical details :

Code: Select all

[LW_Overhaul.X2LWActivityDetectionCalc_Rendezvous]
; this is the amount of "Intel Income" toward detecting the Rendezvous activity a soldier generates
; regular rebels do not generate any income toward the Rendezvous activity
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[0]=0f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[1]=5f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[2]=10f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[3]=15f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[4]=20f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[5]=22.5f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[6]=25f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[7]=26f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK[8]=27f

+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[0]=0f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[1]=6f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[2]=12f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[3]=20f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[4]=25f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[5]=30f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[6]=35f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[7]=40f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_PER_RANK_PSI[8]=45f

+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[0]=0f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[1]=2.5f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[2]=5f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[3]=7.5f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[4]=10f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[5]=12f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[6]=14f
+LIAISON_MISSION_INCOME_BONUS_PER_RANK_OFFICER[7]=15f
So for example a First Lieutenant who's also Sgt (normal rank) would add 20+5=25 "intel points" to the faceless detection pool.
Note that Rendezvous is an unusual activity with extremely low detection chance but no required "pool" before detection rolls can start. It's not exactly clear how much intel you need to (somewhat) reliably detect them but obviously the higher the better.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

LordYanaek wrote: It's not exactly clear how much intel you need to (somewhat) reliably detect them but obviously the higher the better.
I ran the math once and this is strictly true. Even a max ranked Psi with max rank Officer cannot pool enough points to get a 100% chance to pull a Rendevouz before the detection mission resets.