Holotargeter animation should be shorter

oesis

Holotargeter animation should be shorter

Post by oesis »

I think it would be nice if the holotargeter animation was reduced as part of LW 2. As of right now it takes insanely long 2 cast each time and you can potentially cast it 3 times in 1 turn if your sniper is specced that way. Now I realize that you can MOD it to be shorter, and in fact existing mods do do this. However I feel as though it should be part of the main LW 2 mod, simply because of how freaking slow it is and how many times you will use it in a mission.
darkerevent

Re: Holotargeter animation should be shorter

Post by darkerevent »

I agree, as someone who makes extensive use of holotargeting.

It's not urgent, and the holotarget speed-up mod works, but it'd be nice to see the basic animation get shortened enough not to require such a massive speedup for it to feel natural.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Related : Arc Thrower animations should also be faster.
For those who can't stand how long Chain Lighting takes to target a full 8-pod, this mod is useful
Elder_Basilisk

Post by Elder_Basilisk »

I don't know that it's really high on my priority list but I always grimace when I decide to use the holotargeter. Making the animation shorter would be a nice quality of life upgrade.
DjAci

Post by DjAci »

Agreed with the title!
Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

Definitely agree. The whole thing could be as shortened by 1-2 seconds, which would go a long way.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

A checkbox that would disable all animations would easily shave 10 hours off a campaign.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Why doesn't this mod have any star? It went under the radar when it should be in everyone's mod list.
Thanks deaconivory.
I also noticed another mod from the same author : Tactical Speedup which in addition to those changes allows you to speed up the entire tactical movements.
Since everything is easily configurable i think i'll get the "full package" just in case i want to speed the entire action by 10% which shouldn't look very different but would ultimately add up at the end of a mission.