ActiveMods=BlackmarketUsage
ActiveMods=ModConfigMenu
ActiveMods=MoreHotkeys2
ActiveMods=KillCounter
ActiveMods=GotchaAgain
ActiveMods=FixCombatSims
ActiveMods=CustomizeUIEventNotice
ActiveMods=LW_Overhaul

4) Two pods - 8 advent (rainbow pod) and a cyberball with two codexses + some 1 other advent grunt. Not active. On aliens turn first rainbow pod moves into an area with alien corpses, then cyberball pod moves there and uses a aoe raise zombies ability, which damages at least one unit from rainbow pod - rainbow pod activates, and a unit from his own pod (codex) - Cyberball pod activates. I suspect what aliens shoting themselves and activating is a bug, although after learning what pod behavior on Protect Datatap missions was intended i am not even sure anymore..
fowlJ

Re: Cyberball zombieball attack has no friendlyfire protection

Post by fowlJ »

The activation is probably not on purpose (a consequence of zombie-raising enemies being able to use those abilities even if they aren't active yet), but the friendly fire is how it works in vanilla, and I think is actually intentional - the Gatekeeper doesn't care about friendlies in the area because if it kills them they just become zombies anyway. (That sometimes results in them doing pretty silly things like rifting their own guys when there are valid XCOM targets they could hit, though, so it could probably use a second look anyway.)