How to avoid the update?

Zaramnor

How to avoid the update?

Post by Zaramnor »

Is there any chance to avoid the automatic update of workshop content - like patch 1.3 for long war 2?
Steve-O

Re: How to avoid the update?

Post by Steve-O »

I think you can change the game's settings in Steam to not update ANYTHING automatically.
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

I think, that won't help ... I can choose between

- always up-to-date
- update on game-start
- high-priority - always update this game first

Any other ideas?
MacroNova

Post by MacroNova »

Offline mode until you're done with your current campaign?
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Can't remember the exact details, but I think you can move the mod folder to folder for non-steam mods, as if you downloaded it from the nexus. Then unsubscribe from the mod in Steam and just use the version that is now considered non-steam.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Yep, you can unsubscribe from the Workshop then download the 1.2 version from the Nexus. You just need to find your install folder then unpack the archive.

There is another option as well, but you first should ask the Long War team for permission. You can create a new mod in the workshop just for version 1.2 and then subscribe only to it.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

8wayz wrote:Yep, you can unsubscribe from the Workshop then download the 1.2 version from the Nexus. You just need to find your install folder then unpack the archive.

There is another option as well, but you first should ask the Long War team for permission. You can create a new mod in the workshop just for version 1.2 and then subscribe only to it.
Easier than both of those things is to just move the mod folder from the workshop directory to the XComGame/mods directory. I can't remember the exact location off the top of my head (I'll get it when I'm at my computer next), but it shouldn't be necessary to redownload the whole thing.

EDIT: Have checked now - Zaramnor, if you're on Windows, the LW2 mod is the folder '844674609' in the directory 'Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\'. Move that folder to 'Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods' (if you don't have a 'Mods' folder there, just create one) and then unsubscribe from the mod in the workshop. You can activate and play the 1.2 version like normal, and it will not be automatically updated.

If you then ever do want to use 1.3, I think you can just put the mod folder back where you took it from and re-subscribe, and it should update it normally without having to re-download the whole thing?
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

Thank you very much! I will try this.

Thanks!