pcs question

Jackal

pcs question

Post by Jackal »

Okay, i'm a little confused (again)

I swear I've given soldiers psc skills ... like +8 defense or +4 aim and now the pcs has vanished but the upgrade still remains... am i crazy ... errrrr, crazier???

-- j
Clibanarius

Re: pcs question

Post by Clibanarius »

That is one of the most common bugs in XCOM2 and LW2.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Clibanarius wrote:That is one of the most common bugs in XCOM2 and LW2.
ahhhhh, so it's good in some cases... like Defense and Aim... but sucks for stuff like damage control, huh? And thanks for the answer!
Zenteck

Post by Zenteck »

Haven't used this myself, but https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =875312880 seems to be just what you need.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Well, in the cases of stat-boosting PCSes, the bug will stack, so you can just keep adding PCSes and, should they disappear, they'll keep generating the effects. All the LW2-added PCSes have active effects and will stop providing those when they get affected by the bug. I've not had the bug happen in a long time, but I also don't equip PCSes and then save immediately afterward, which I think is the cause of it.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Zenteck wrote:Haven't used this myself, but https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =875312880 seems to be just what you need.
thanks Zenteck!
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Just to be clear, the Mod linked to does NOT fix the bug. It just allows you to avoid unintentionally "cheating" by stacking additional PCS chips onto soliders that have been affected by the bug, essentially doubling the bonus.

I believe the bug that actually causes the PCS chips to disappear will be fixed in 1.3
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

nmkaplan wrote:Just to be clear, the Mod linked to does NOT fix the bug.
The mod allows detecting and correcting the bug by showing the player which troops have multiple PCS and giving a means to extract them all for proper use.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

nmkaplan wrote: I believe the bug that actually causes the PCS chips to disappear will be fixed in 1.3
Yes it will (or should at least)
Long War 2 Patch 1.3 Notes (Unreleased) wrote:- Fix base game bug with PCS items disappearing from soldiers.
As far as i know it happens only when you equip a PCS in the mission loadout screen and not from the armory (or maybe it's the other way around, not sure)
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

LordYanaek wrote:As far as i know it happens only when you equip a PCS in the mission loadout screen and not from the armory....
It happens with PCS equiped in the mission loadout screen. At some point the PCS becomes hidden yet still in effect and the soldier can get another PCS.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

nmkaplan wrote:Just to be clear, the Mod linked to does NOT fix the bug. It just allows you to avoid unintentionally "cheating" by stacking additional PCS chips onto soliders that have been affected by the bug, essentially doubling the bonus.

I believe the bug that actually causes the PCS chips to disappear will be fixed in 1.3

It doesn't fix it, but does allow you to fix the cheat. For instance, i added a +8 defense to a soldier and he went from 2 to 8 defense but showed no PCS chip installed. I ran the mod and was able to extract it. He went back to 2 defense.

I added the PCS correctly and now he's got 10 def but shows the chip ...