I got the most out of Mod 1.2, but now I need 1.3

steecazzi

I got the most out of Mod 1.2, but now I need 1.3

Post by steecazzi »

I hope you do not get angry but I've changed all mod parameters! The mod is at the limit! It is impossible to get to 200 enemies the crash game! I hope the ver. 1.3 coming soon. Thank.
Attachments
BEST.jpg
BEST.jpg (206.92 KiB) Viewed 26326 times
Per terra e per mare
Insufferable Smartypants

Re: I got the most out of Mod 1.2, but now I need 1.3

Post by Insufferable Smartypants »

I haven't played XCOM 2 in months now because I'm waiting for 1.3. :lol:
Zarnak

Post by Zarnak »

1) Check Pavonis forums for 1.3.
2) Give exasperated sigh.
3) Log onto Total War Warhammer.

:lol:
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We fixed a couple of bugs last night, and Saph finished a campaign and had some balancing suggestions, so we're putting a new build through the paces today.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

What johnnylump is trying to say is two Sectoids were killed and he just Aid Protocoled one of the Rookies
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

JL.. don't we all wish perfection could be an instantaneous process? :D

PS; The more wicked BUGS you can iron out for good.. the less "problems" you'll have to push & shuffle around until v1.4 gets into a rational state of its own. Waiting is fun and allows me to fine-tune my qUIck & LAByrinth Mods too.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

johnnylump wrote:We fixed a couple of bugs last night, and Saph finished a campaign and had some balancing suggestions, so we're putting a new build through the paces today.
Updates are actually really helpful for a lot of us to cope with the waiting. Thanks!
wizard1200

Post by wizard1200 »

johnnylump wrote:We fixed a couple of bugs last night, and Saph finished a campaign and had some balancing suggestions, so we're putting a new build through the paces today.
Thank you very much for the information. Do the testers have to play a full campaign to test the balancing changes?
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

wizard1200 wrote:
Thank you very much for the information. Do the testers have to play a full campaign to test the balancing changes?
Another full camp......if so, i have to play LW1.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

wizard1200 wrote:
There are some console commands that testers can use to fast forward things a bit, or spawn things on demand. I would imagine it's a combination of full campaigns and console commands for more specific testing. I've done this myself to test certain mechanics without having to play for 50+ hours to get to late game.
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

wizard1200 wrote:Thank you very much for the information. Do the testers have to play a full campaign to test the balancing changes?
No, not even close – the stuff being tested now is much more minor than that. It's just a matter of quality control, since every code adjustment brings with it the potential for a typo or unexpected interaction that causes a crippling bug.
bilfdoffle
Long War 2 Crew

Post by bilfdoffle »

Also, there's a good half dozen of us playing, and we're all roughly at different points. So if we wanted an approximation of a full camapign, it'd only take about a week.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

But a week is terribly long at this point, the last days of waiting are the worst! I'm trying hard to think about the rookies but it's terribly difficult not to ask "the question" :lol:

Seriously i guess it won't be very long now. I'm just testing a couple other mods and posting a few useless comments while waiting :mrgreen:
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Yeah, boy am I hoping it doesn't turn out to be a week. I was thinking it was a few days out, max, a few days ago. I'm a terribly lonely and sad person.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

I too was looking forward to a release this weekend, what with the translation thread vanishing and the conversion guide getting posted, but xwynns is finding new bugs as recently as today, and if fast in terms of QA is a week, then it's best that we just hope for the best, but expect another 1-2 weeks.
Sporadix

Post by Sporadix »

The wait on its own has been rough, but seeing all these guides and things posted... I realize all that stuff is done with good intentions, but it feels like such a tease and it's spiking my tilt levels off the charts. I'm going to be very sad if the patch drops at a point when I don't even have any time to play it. (And since I'm so very unlucky, that's probably exactly what's going to happen.)

EDIT: Of course it came out right after I complained. That's great, haha. Thanks JL and crew! I can't wait to take the day off tomorrow and play it all day.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Thank you, Johnny and the Pavonis team!
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Antifringe wrote:...but xwynns is finding new bugs as recently as today, and if fast in terms of QA is a week, then it's best that we just hope for the best, but expect another 1-2 weeks.
Xwynns videos are released at least a day after he plays them, because he has to put the video together and upload it to YouTube, which then has to render it in multiple resolutions and distribute it through their network. And I suspect it's often several days after the actual play we see in the videos. So Xwynns could have reported those bugs early last week.

And likely did, as 1.3 has now been released. :)