Long War 2 v1.3 is live on Steam

johnnylump
Site Admin

Long War 2 v1.3 is live on Steam

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks for everyone's patience. We're going to wait a bit to put it on the Nexus to ensure it's stable.

Please note these guidelines for updating:
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 20&t=25841

Changelog is here:
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/longw ... ngelog.htm
jkure2

Re: Long War 2 v1.3 is live on Steam

Post by jkure2 »

Registered just to say thanks so much for all the hard work guys, loved 1.2 and I can't wait to dive now into 1.3
Blathergut

Post by Blathergut »

Does 1.3 download/update automatically on Steam? I started a new game but it is still showing 1.2. Can it be downloaded manually?

doh...of course...now it's done. :)
Sporadix

Post by Sporadix »

Suddenly life is great again. Thanks team!
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

It is supposed to update automatically on Steam. Sometimes it takes time to get out to people. You can hurry it along by un-subbing and re-subbing, although it will download the whole thing again. Also a good time to refer to the troubleshooting steps if you run into problems.

We will have a manual-type download available on the Nexus, but I'm going to wait to put that up because it takes a while, and I have to go feed my kids now.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Just looked at the patch notes to see if there were any last minutes changes, and I saw this
- Fix disappearing civ rescue rings on terror/defend/invasion missions.
THANK YOU

I thought that we were just stuck with this bug forever.
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

If you don't want to unsub/resub to save bandwidth restart your PC. If your PC has been on for a long time Steam won't update mods for some reason and restarting Steam won't fix it, but restarting your PC almost always forces steam to do an immediate update of all mods and games.
Philosofy101

Post by Philosofy101 »

Huge thanks to JL and the entire LW team for their hard work and putting up with our incessant pestering for hints as to release. You all rock.
Rikokrates

Post by Rikokrates »

Just got to work and read this! :-(

Thanks a lot for this guys, I appreciate all the work and time spent on this as well as LW1. Really looking forward to going home and stressing out over my next play through!! :lol:
Badatthis

Post by Badatthis »

Registered just to shout out to Pavonis. Vanilla was fun but you guys push it to the next level. Timing on release was perfect for me. I had just uninstalled Shadows of Mordor after failing to fix my input lag issues. I was grumpily floundering around for a new game to play when I checked here on a lark. 1.3 is the answer to my problems.

Got part way through a 1.2 game but the dozens of DLC missions spawning bothered me enough to quit. Super excited to sink my teeth into your changes!
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Yeah, joining the chorus here in thanking you guys for the hard work and patience with us plebians who have been pestering a lot lately as to its release, haha. Fantastic work, as always!
Academos

Post by Academos »

Same for me here. I don't usually post anything on these forums, but I did want to truly thank you guys for all the work you're doing on this mod.
It is your dedication to shaping the specific gameplay elements and the game's difficulty that is making this game incredibly fun for me to play.

Keep up the great work!
deducter

Post by deducter »

Congratulations on the release of LW2 v1.3!

"- Embiggenated a lot of patrol zones to mid-forties to cover the edges"

So are we renaming Advent Burgers to steamed hams, despite the fact that they are obviously grilled?
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Just gotta say Thank you JL for lowering the Infiltration times for the three storyline missions (BlackSite + PsiGate + TheForge) -- ever so slightly! ;)
But, you are still a good long way to reach some opinion of optimal edits that i've decided to keep in my local INI file!
R48, V72, C96, L120.

From what i could witness (so far).. gameplay balance seems tight & nicely shifted towards active challenges & another complex pool of events.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Thanks, Pavonis, for working to put out another upgrade for LW2.

And everyone, just wanting to remind you the changes to LW2 for 1.3 are massive, both bugfixes and gameplay edits. And that things are going to be both similar and real real different.

There's likely to be bugs, hopefully only minor ones, that have slipped pass Pavonis and their team of playtesters because there's only so many of them. Now we'll have thousands of players using 1.3. I really really suggest playing non-Ironman games and saving often. If you think you've found a bug, try to characterize it and go on over to the Bug Reports subforum to let Pavonis know about it, especially if you found a workaround.
zozj

Post by zozj »

update nexus plz
evilbend0r

Post by evilbend0r »

Gnah :D when JL posted here i was caught in battle royal hunting other people xD and missed the announcement .. not its 12:30 pm and i'm sitting at work and have to wait until evening :D

Thx guys for your great work doin ... looking forward to the evening and dive into 1.3 ... day saved although it's monday ^^ :D ;)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

johnnylump wrote:Thanks for everyone's patience.
No, thank you for your patience when we were shitposting while waiting for the release :D
And thanks for the update of course.
zozj wrote:update nexus plz
As much as it pains me to see Nexus lag behind, the way XCOM2 mods and Nexus work make it impossible to throw a hotfix so i understand they want to be extra careful before posting the release there.
I think it's safe to use the steam mod while waiting and migrate to the nexus release once it's updated as they have the same modid so they should be recognized as the same mod. I've migrated from nexus-steam mods in the past for other smaller mods (but don't see how it wouldn't work for LW2)
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

I am checking perks and abilities for typos and any factual mistakes.

In the Expanded Description of Kubikiri it is clearly marked "Requires two actions". However Long Watch, which in 1.2 did require 2 actions, does not feature that line of text. In the Changelog there is nothing regarding the Long Watch perk.

Can someone clarify how many actions does Long Watch currently require and if it is still 2, can that be added to the Expanded Description of the perk?

As a general rule of thumb I would like to see all 2-action abilities feature that line in their description so they can be clearly marked as such.

The current Sharpshooter tree does look very sharp. I am not convinced that a Sniper needs the combination of Precision Shot + Deadeye + Kubikiri though. Those are way too many active abilities.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

I noticed I was able to equip weapon mods without Modular Weapons researched, is that intended?
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

johnnylump wrote: We will have a manual-type download available on the Nexus, but I'm going to wait to put that up because it takes a while, and I have to go feed my kids now.
Wow, your kids have to wait until the next patch is out before they can eat dinner?! And I thought WE were impatient to see this thing released!

;)
Thanks for all the hard work, Pavonis team! I look forward to trying out the new patch!
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

stefan3iii wrote:I noticed I was able to equip weapon mods without Modular Weapons researched, is that intended?
Do you play with Robojumper's squad select mod?
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

LordYanaek wrote:
stefan3iii wrote:I noticed I was able to equip weapon mods without Modular Weapons researched, is that intended?
Do you play with Robojumper's squad select mod?
Yes, and I did equip it using his UI.

If that's the issue I guess just have to remember to not do that. Though to be honest, it's the world's smallest exploit, I got to do one mission with an advanced hair trigger before I was supposed to :)
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

@stefan3iii - I can confirm that with no extra mods you do need Modular Weapons to be able to equip weapon mods.

It makes a very minor difference though in the end. ;)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

stefan3iii wrote: If that's the issue I guess just have to remember to not do that.
Yes. I've noticed this during my tests while waiting for 1.3. I wanted to report it but then i forgot as i abandoned that mod and reverted to Show Me The Skills for LW2 because it displays soldiers attributes (Aim, Mobility ...) and i want that information more than the ability to change secondaries directly on the squad select screen.