New Start -- Bolt Caster Available

Jackal

New Start -- Bolt Caster Available

Post by Jackal »

Hey folks,

I am pretty sure I didn't click on the Hunters add on at the beginning of my new game start (nor did i click on Shen's Last Gift) but the Bolt Caster , Frost Bomb, Hunter's Axe and Shadowkeeper were available to build the first time I went to my Build Items list.

This may be due to one of the awesome mods I've subscribed to, and, of course, I can always just choose not to build them, but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't gonna bite me on my ass later in the game... If so, I can start over and do whatever's necessary to avoid it ..

thanks in advance

- j
bilfdoffle
Long War 2 Crew

Re: New Start -- Bolt Caster Available

Post by bilfdoffle »

The button only controls the mission content. If you want to disable it altogether, you need to uninstall.

I should probably warn you that the rulers are gonna just randomly show up later on.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

bilfdoffle wrote:The button only controls the mission content. If you want to disable it altogether, you need to uninstall.

I should probably warn you that the rulers are gonna just randomly show up later on.

Yikes! Uninstall the whole game and then, what? disable the DLC for it before re-installing it? If they're gonna show up anyway, is there any drawback to just not building the weapons and continuing as is?
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

No drawbacks, it is just your personal choice whether to use them or not.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

Jackal wrote:
bilfdoffle wrote:The button only controls the mission content. If you want to disable it altogether, you need to uninstall.

Yikes! Uninstall the whole game and then, what? disable the DLC for it before re-installing it? If they're gonna show up anyway, is there any drawback to just not building the weapons and continuing as is?
Just uncheck the DLC box on the XCOM2 steam page and relaunch the game.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

deaconivory wrote:
Jackal wrote:

Just uncheck the DLC box on the XCOM2 steam page and relaunch the game.
If i do that, should i uninstall and restart first?
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

No need. Just go to steam and uncheck any DLC and click the play button (or launch via the AML).
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

Best practices are at the top of my long war 201 post.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

To clarify: the way XCOM 2 is set up, you will always see DLC content if you have the DLC installed on your computer. The little DLC checkboxes on your Steam Library page for the game are what tell you if you have the DLC installed.

The checkboxes IN the game only control whether you see the DLC content with the story missions, or just have it without the story. Your being able to build the Hunter weapons indicates that you have the DLC installed but the story turned off. The same thing can happen with SLG, you'd be able to do a SPARK project in the PG but no story mission.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

deaconivory wrote:Best practices are at the top of my long war 201 post.
but i'm starting a brand new campaign.. uninstalled xcom, deleted all my saved games etc..
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

mattprice516 wrote:To clarify: the way XCOM 2 is set up, you will always see DLC content if you have the DLC installed on your computer. The little DLC checkboxes on your Steam Library page for the game are what tell you if you have the DLC installed.

The checkboxes IN the game only control whether you see the DLC content with the story missions, or just have it without the story. Your being able to build the Hunter weapons indicates that you have the DLC installed but the story turned off. The same thing can happen with SLG, you'd be able to do a SPARK project in the PG but no story mission.

10-4. I guess i screwed the pooch by having them installed.. I'm gonna just start over.