Fleche against Sectoids

wizard1200

Fleche against Sectoids

Post by wizard1200 »

It seems that Fleche inflicts more damage against Sectoids in 1.3, because in two different missions the distance between the Shinobi and his targets was roughly the same, but he inflicted 6 - 8 against other targets and 8 - 10 against the Sectoids.
Antifringe

Re: Fleche against Sectoids

Post by Antifringe »

Sectoids take an extra undocumented +2 damage from melee. This is a vanilla behavior and has also been present in all version of LW2. You've just never noticed it before :)
wizard1200

Post by wizard1200 »

Oh :) It is nice that i can still learn something new after many campaigns :)
wobuffet

Post by wobuffet »

I thought it was +3 damage.

If the functionality's there, I wouldn't mind LW2 going ahead and, say, giving +3 melee vulnerability to Snakes and Faceless.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Yeah, this was always in XCom 2. I guess because they're naked.
Severian

Post by Severian »

I am slightly surprised no-one has modded in armoured/clothed sectiods.
Bullett00th

Post by Bullett00th »

wobuffet wrote:I thought it was +3 damage.

If the functionality's there, I wouldn't mind LW2 going ahead and, say, giving +3 melee vulnerability to Snakes and Faceless.
I thought about the faceless initially but they shouldn' be vulnerable really, seeing as they're just jelly basically
evilbend0r

Post by evilbend0r »

it's a thing if you use meele shinobis more or less often ... by myself i use them for prison or extraction missions very often ... and sectoids are my favourite enemies in this missions in cause of that extra dmg fact :D
wobuffet

Post by wobuffet »

Bullett00th wrote:I thought about the faceless initially but they shouldn' be vulnerable really, seeing as they're just jelly basically
In my experience, jelly is quite vulnerable to being shaped/mangled/separated by a knife!
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

wobuffet wrote:
Bullett00th wrote:I thought about the faceless initially but they shouldn' be vulnerable really, seeing as they're just jelly basically
In my experience, jelly is quite vulnerable to being shaped/mangled/separated by a knife!
Yes, but seeing as how faceless reshape themselves at will, being split or re-shaped may not be as effective on a faceless as it is on any other organism, something that destroys a large number of cells completely like fire or explosives would seem to be lore effective.