Mods working with Ver 1.3

steecazzi

Mods working with Ver 1.3

Post by steecazzi »

We tested the ver. 1.3, after several attempts we made a list of working mods, unfortunately (for us) do not work the "triple enemy" mods and Expand enemy reinforcement, Have a good fun!
Attachments
Mods working.jpg
Mods working.jpg (170.5 KiB) Viewed 17149 times
Per terra e per mare
felusian

Re: Mods working with Ver 1.3

Post by felusian »

I noticed a strange behaviour of mods under 1.3....just played a couple of missions and during the first one all the mods seemed to work fine; during the second (smash & grab) some mods stopped working - for instance: perfect information, additional icons, gotcha,...
Any ideas? I was thinking abouy unsubscribing to all mods excpect LW2 and re-sub....
steecazzi

Post by steecazzi »

It has also happened to us sometimes. Sometimes mods such as Gotcha, The Mocx Initiative, etc., modify heavily .ini files. Do not worry that the community is full of extraordinary people and you will see that the new versions of mod compatible with ver 1.3 will soon come out :-)
Per terra e per mare
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

felusian wrote:I noticed a strange behaviour of mods under 1.3....just played a couple of missions and during the first one all the mods seemed to work fine; during the second (smash & grab) some mods stopped working - for instance: perfect information, additional icons, gotcha,...
Any ideas? I was thinking abouy unsubscribing to all mods excpect LW2 and re-sub....
Unsub/resub is the best option. Sometimes it is a load order issue, occasionally it is some remainder of a mod in your config somewhere.

There are some very solid tips here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =683218526

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =625230005
felusian

Post by felusian »

Thanks for the tips!
Unsub and re-sub did not work for me...the odd detail is that all mods were working during the first mission, but not during the seconfìd and the third :?
I'll try the additional suggestions reported on the links you kindly provided....just to be sure it's not related with 1.3: anyone who is having specific troubles with gotcha again, activity based colours, instant loot, perfect information....?
'cause if that's the case, I'll just wait the mods to be updated....
Thanks
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

felusian wrote:Thanks for the tips!
Unsub and re-sub did not work for me...the odd detail is that all mods were working during the first mission, but not during the seconfìd and the third :?
I'll try the additional suggestions reported on the links you kindly provided....just to be sure it's not related with 1.3: anyone who is having specific troubles with gotcha again, activity based colours, instant loot, perfect information....?
Thanks
I've seen some reports of conflicts with PI, but I've not experienced it so far (and I'm using all of those mods). I'll keep my eyes and ears open though.
JasonH565

Post by JasonH565 »

Thanks
A simple deletion of the config file will solve the problem. I had this problem and it took me a few days to finally get it to work every now and then. I hope that I just saved you a few days and endless searches! :lol:
felusian

Post by felusian »

JasonH565 wrote:
Thanks
A simple deletion of the config file will solve the problem. I had this problem and it took me a few days to finally get it to work every now and then. I hope that I just saved you a few days and endless searches! :lol:
Just to be sure not to delete the wrong content...you mean to delete the whole folder Documents\My Games\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config\ , right?
In case, tonight I'll try!
Thanks!
justdont

Post by justdont »

Two of the most useful tips on getting the mods to work (when they should work in the first place, e.g. no conflicting mods and such) is to:
1) Use alternative XCOM2 launcher, and
2) Clean up your My Games/XCOM2/XComGame/Config/XComEngine.ini of ANY "ModClassOverrides=<blah-blah>" lines. They are never needed to be present in that file nowadays, but still creep in there at times when you subscribe for new mods; and quite frequently this causes problems when mods update or otherwise change - obsolete and outdated ModClassOverrides entires will never get updated or removed.
steecazzi

Post by steecazzi »

Good at all! It's nice to see people who help for a wonderful game and not easy, thanks to everyone.
Per terra e per mare
felusian

Post by felusian »

Thanks guys, mods seems to work now, after removing all the modclassoverrides instructions in the xcomengine.ini :D
Just additional icons seems not to work....but in the mod page I saw that it could be an issue with 1.3....wil see, maybe they'll update it.