Thoughts on AWC

Maebalzurakin

Thoughts on AWC

Post by Maebalzurakin »

I have been thinking that the AWC really is similar to the X1:Enemy within cybernetics labs. You are in a hospital environment, but there is a big chamber that your guy goes into for his "training".

What really doesn't make sense in X2 is that A) Your training is random and B) You come out with strange outputs, like the ability to carry an extra grenade or the ability to shoot a pistol.

It would make a lot more sense to just say it is a cybernetics lab. I want faster movement, then I select "advanced muscle fibers" and after a few days in the tank I get a sprinter perk. I want more cover, then I select "adaptive camo" and after a few days I have the low profile perk.

I have come pretty close to this feel by using a mod called "LW2 a better AWC" that allows you to respec/select which things you want to train. Then I edited the XComLW_AWCPack.ini to comment out all of the abilities that could not be considered physical/genetic enhancements.

The end result is what I wanted, but the gameplay process doesn't "feel" right. The enemy within is just a lot cooler and there are still all of the pistol stuff, which should be learned in the shooting range or the tactics school. They definitely should not be leaned in a tank in the science lab.
VanTheMan

Re: Thoughts on AWC

Post by VanTheMan »

Maybe they're doing the training in the armor or something and they're just getting some advanced hypersleep or something in the AWC? Drip feeding protein shakes through an IV.
DaviBones

Post by DaviBones »

VanTheMan wrote:Drip feeding protein shakes through an IV
Oh jeez :lol: That is totally my new head-canon. Thank you for the stupid grin I will now have every time I put a soldier in the AWC :D
crimsonsun

Post by crimsonsun »

While not strictly on topic, I wondered if there was a list of the possible skills by class you can get from the AWC, I know its random but it would be nice to have some idea so I can get a better understanding of what I could expect a class to pick up.

Also is there a max times you can train someone AWC skills, I'd assumed it was some how linked to rank like the leadership stuff but I'm not sure as my AWC has never kept up with my levelling due to time restrictions and spreading the skills out. My assumption is that either your limited to 7 skills or that you can only access lvl 1 perks at level x, lvl 2 at lvl x and 3 at lvl x while pistol skills are matched to your level?