Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post Reply
trihero
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:01 am

Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by trihero » Wed May 17, 2017 4:46 am

Thanks for the 1.3 release. One undocumented change (I consider documented as the list that the dev put here http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=25047 ) is that alloy plating (the one you build out of trooper corpses) no longer have a supply cost, which makes them very affordable considering you probably otherwise would be spending those supplies on lasers/predators.

Please add any others you find here!

edit: I suppose it's not entirely undocumented as there were noted "various pg updates/changes" but still, knowing specifics helps a lot : )

Plockets
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:58 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Plockets » Wed May 17, 2017 4:52 am

There were a very large number of supply cost reductions on PG built items and projects in general, and the Platings are probably just the most notable/important of those.

Tuhalu
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Tuhalu » Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 am

An updated Tech Tree for 1.3 is linked here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 20&t=25888

One source of the actual image file is here: http://i.imgur.com/gVgX5dU.png

It's a bit rougher to read than a pure change log of course, but it gets the job done.

trihero
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:01 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by trihero » Wed May 17, 2017 5:49 am

Ah, I appreciate the updated tech tree, but it's really hard on my eyes and I can't tell the difference between 1.2 numbers and 1.3 numbers only from that chart though - are there any other outstanding changes like the alloy plating change?

Also I remember xwynns briefly mentioning that cham suits reduce detection radius was on the table for being a change, but I'm not sure it's actually implemented. From the in game wording I would say not but any confirmation or denial either way on that?

Tuhalu
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Tuhalu » Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 am

As far as I know, Chameleon Suits never reduced detection radius, only Infiltration times. With the nerf to stealth things, I doubt it ever will.

DaviBones
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by DaviBones » Thu May 18, 2017 12:27 am

Hmmm.... Not sure about this, but it seems as though you can no longer go negative on monthly income? If you remember, in 1.2, it was advantageous to spend all your money before the end of the month if your income was in the red, since your actual supply count could not go negative. So far I haven't seen income fall below zero, either in xwynns' 1.3 playthrough or my own.

If so, I like this change, the pre-supply-drop scramble to spend all your $ felt exploity and made little sense.

Tuhalu
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Tuhalu » Thu May 18, 2017 1:51 am

DaviBones wrote:Hmmm.... Not sure about this, but it seems as though you can no longer go negative on monthly income? If you remember, in 1.2, it was advantageous to spend all your money before the end of the month if your income was in the red, since your actual supply count could not go negative. So far I haven't seen income fall below zero, either in xwynns' 1.3 playthrough or my own.

If so, I like this change, the pre-supply-drop scramble to spend all your $ felt exploity and made little sense.
This was listed as a bug fix.
- Removed all upkeep costs from facilities to work around negative supply bug. Raised initial price of some facilities and upgrades.
I like it too. Made no sense to be taxed for having rooms on the Avenger or to game it by using all your supplies before the tax came due.

Dwarfling
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Dwarfling » Thu May 18, 2017 2:09 am

DaviBones wrote:Hmmm.... Not sure about this, but it seems as though you can no longer go negative on monthly income? If you remember, in 1.2, it was advantageous to spend all your money before the end of the month if your income was in the red, since your actual supply count could not go negative. So far I haven't seen income fall below zero, either in xwynns' 1.3 playthrough or my own.

If so, I like this change, the pre-supply-drop scramble to spend all your $ felt exploity and made little sense.
"- Removed all upkeep costs from facilities to work around negative supply bug. Raised initial price of some facilities and upgrades."

stefan3iii
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by stefan3iii » Thu May 18, 2017 5:00 am

Some things I noticed, on L/I anyway:
* Contacting a region is now 100 intel, instead of 80 intel
* Nanofibre is only +2 HP, Tac Vest is +2 HP
* Shredder nerfs are mentioned, but looking at inis the difference is that EXO Suit went from 35 to 60 supply, and their environment damage is only 9 now, which is laughable, basically they'll never destroy cover now. Damage and aoe looks the same, so should still be quite powerful.

Icarus
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Icarus » Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 am

Is there any place where I can find a list of all the proving grounds projects and their associated costs, for 1.3? I read there were a lot of changes in that area, but are they documented somewhere?

gimrah
Long War 2 Crew
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by gimrah » Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 pm

stefan3iii wrote:Some things I noticed, on L/I anyway:
* Contacting a region is now 100 intel, instead of 80 intel
* Nanofibre is only +2 HP, Tac Vest is +2 HP
* Shredder nerfs are mentioned, but looking at inis the difference is that EXO Suit went from 35 to 60 supply, and their environment damage is only 9 now, which is laughable, basically they'll never destroy cover now. Damage and aoe looks the same, so should still be quite powerful.
Correct. Nanofibre also got a fair bit cheaper. It's now like a kind of T1.5 armour. Not a new thing but note that it also provides crit protection, making it very good for frontliners, especially tanky flankers like bladenobis.

Exo suit is still good but not as all powerful as it was. IME the shredder gun now often removes cover but not reliably. Cost is fairly steep but I find it's a nice force multiplier for a small squad. I particularly like them on sawn-off rangers that I use for S&Gs.

deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:12 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by deaconivory » Thu May 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Icarus wrote:Is there any place where I can find a list of all the proving grounds projects and their associated costs, for 1.3? I read there were a lot of changes in that area, but are they documented somewhere?
http://i.imgur.com/gVgX5dU.png

The Brown entries are the PG projects.

trihero
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:01 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by trihero » Thu May 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Stun Lancers (at least the higher rank ones) have the Whirlwind Perk in 1.3! Fun lancers indeed.

stefan3iii
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by stefan3iii » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 pm

* You no long start with 3 rookies in the recruit pool.
* Also, I suspect the recruit haven job is less likely to make new recruits. Hard to tell for sure, would like someone to confirm/deny if the numbers there have changed.

Tuhalu
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by Tuhalu » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 pm

stefan3iii wrote:* You no long start with 3 rookies in the recruit pool.
* Also, I suspect the recruit haven job is less likely to make new recruits. Hard to tell for sure, would like someone to confirm/deny if the numbers there have changed.
1st point depends on difficulty. You still get 5 recruits in the pool on rookie and veteran and 3 on commander.

I think numbers have been biased towards more recruits actually.

Code: Select all

; Recruiting outcome weights. When a new recruit is generated, a roll is made and tested against the sum of these values.
RECRUIT_REBEL_BAR=67
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BAR=33

RECRUIT_CREW_IN_LIBERATED_ONLY=true

; IF the above is true, these weights are only in effect in liberated regions.
RECRUIT_ENGINEER_BAR=3
RECRUIT_SCIENTIST_BAR=3

; If the Haven has max useful rebels, shift to recruiting soldiers by this amount (80-20)
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BIAS_IF_FULL=47

; The bias to apply to soldiers if there are more rebels in the outpost than available recruits.
RECRUIT_REBEL_SOLDIER_BIAS=0
So before liberation you have a 33% chance to get Recruits instead of Rebels. After liberation, both are 47% (the last 6% goes to engineers and scientists as before).

In 1.2, I believe it was a 20% chance to get Recruits before you reached 13 rebels. After 13 rebels, it flipped around completely (which is where RECRUIT_REBEL_SOLDIER_BIAS came in) and you had an 80% chance to get Recruits.

stefan3iii
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 am

Re: Undocumented 1.3 Changes?

Post by stefan3iii » Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 pm

Tuhalu wrote:
stefan3iii wrote:* You no long start with 3 rookies in the recruit pool.
* Also, I suspect the recruit haven job is less likely to make new recruits. Hard to tell for sure, would like someone to confirm/deny if the numbers there have changed.
1st point depends on difficulty. You still get 5 recruits in the pool on rookie and veteran and 3 on commander.

I think numbers have been biased towards more recruits actually.

Code: Select all

; Recruiting outcome weights. When a new recruit is generated, a roll is made and tested against the sum of these values.
RECRUIT_REBEL_BAR=67
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BAR=33

RECRUIT_CREW_IN_LIBERATED_ONLY=true

; IF the above is true, these weights are only in effect in liberated regions.
RECRUIT_ENGINEER_BAR=3
RECRUIT_SCIENTIST_BAR=3

; If the Haven has max useful rebels, shift to recruiting soldiers by this amount (80-20)
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BIAS_IF_FULL=47

; The bias to apply to soldiers if there are more rebels in the outpost than available recruits.
RECRUIT_REBEL_SOLDIER_BIAS=0
So before liberation you have a 33% chance to get Recruits instead of Rebels. After liberation, both are 47% (the last 6% goes to engineers and scientists as before).

In 1.2, I believe it was a 20% chance to get Recruits before you reached 13 rebels. After 13 rebels, it flipped around completely (which is where RECRUIT_REBEL_SOLDIER_BIAS came in) and you had an 80% chance to get Recruits.
Cool thanks, I guess I've just been getting really lucky getting, recruiting haven rebels instead of soldiers.

Post Reply