It doesnt work with any other mod

nemesis205bw

It doesnt work with any other mod

Post by nemesis205bw »

So I have this problem. When I tick (on built in launcher) only LW2 mod, the game runs fine, but when I add any other mod things go weird. First of all the new game screen looks different, tutorial is not untickable like it should be and when I start game, I get mission without any objective and my squad of 10 starts on roof with aliens randomly placed sometimes next to my soldiers. When I finish this mission I get no soldiers in haven and can scan for infinity and no mission pops up. I tried many different mods like true concealment or perfect information, its always the same. I deleted all ini files in documents but other then reseting my settings it doesnt do anything.
Also, if I dont use specific command to prevent red screen from showing up, it happens all the time. The more mods I add the more errors I get. What could be the cause? Anyone can help me?
8wayz

Re: It doesnt work with any other mod

Post by 8wayz »

It would help if you can provide a list of mods you would like to install along Long War 2.

Please also let us know if you are using the Steam Workshop version or the Nexus one. If it is the latter, check where exactly you have placed the LW_Overhaul main folder (the directory path).

Also you can delete all your config files that are stored in the My Documents folder. They will be regenerated once you launch a new game. This will essentially restore the game to default settings and will help if a mod overwrote some of those files.
nemesis205bw

Post by nemesis205bw »

Some mods are from nexus some are from workshop. I put them in mods folder in my game directory. Here is my list of mods that I would like to use:
Attachments
mods.png
mods.png (28.87 KiB) Viewed 10609 times
nemesis205bw

Post by nemesis205bw »

Anyone can help?
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

I know there's a mod directory for XCOM 2 and that it can be mixed with Steam Workshop mods carefully. And that Workshop mods can be moved there and still work. But modding demands exactness of installation (as I've learned from modding many games) and that having tools that do that, like Steam Workshop, are a big aid to getting this all to work right.

I know your combination of mods can work together (I use most of them), so there's something wrong with the way they're installed. I'm going to suggest you use only Steam Workshop mods (all of the ones from Nexus you have are on Workshop) and reinstall all mods from scratch.

1. If you've metamodded any of the mods, organize and save your changes.

2. Install and use the Alternate Mod Launcher

https://www.reddit.com/r/xcom2mods/comm ... continued/

3. Launch the AML and unsubscribe and delete all XCOM 2 mods from Steam Workshop by right-clicking on each entry and select "Delete / Unsubscribe" so that the mods contents are wiped.

Do this with LW2 as well. 1.4 just released today. And there could be a problem in your LW2 mod download too.

4. Resubscribe to all your mods in Steam Workshop. Download all the mods.

5. Wipe the profile config directory, usually at

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config\
6. Launch the AML and enable all mods.

7. On the AML window, click on "Run XCOM 2"

8. IF XCOM 2 runs with the mods as currently, carefully add back in any metamods you have from #1, testing to make sure a metamod hasn't busted things.
nemesis205bw

Post by nemesis205bw »

Ty for the help. How can I use nexus and workshop mods at the same time? And what about those red screen errors? I remember having them even on vanilla xcom 2 when it first came on.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

nemesis205bw wrote:Ty for the help. How can I use nexus and workshop mods at the same time? And what about those red screen errors? I remember having them even on vanilla xcom 2 when it first came on.
I'm not sure as I don't use multiple sources of mods myself on any game. I've used Nexus mods in Skyrim via the tool ModOrganizer. I think the only difference for XCOM 2 between its mods directory and Steam Workshop is the order of loading of file sections, where in a mod you have a config file named the same as an XCOM 2 or other mod file, which can have "+" and "-" lines to add and remove lines from the files.

The problem is even when you have rules like this, you have to be exactly right about knowing them and make all the mods very carefully. You can't change the mods to any great extent, but you can control how you use mods. I'd really suggest using all Steam Workshop mods as all the mods you have are available there. And I strongly suggest you use the Alternate Mod Launcher as it helps a lot when handling Steam Workshop mods for XCOM 2.

Thanks for reminding me that you have some strange errors; I'd forgotten that. In light of them, I think you need to reinstall *everything*, including XCOM 2 (which I'm assuming you have from Steam). And you need to be very very careful about all the steps in modding the game. You may want to test XCOM 2 with just LW2 1.4 to be absolutely sure you're getting that installed correctly first before you add in any other mods.

And be sure to wipe your Profile config directory contents too. These steps in my first post above are all necessary to make sure you don't have issues.