Is there a way to resurrect 0 rebel region?

IslamDunk

Is there a way to resurrect 0 rebel region?

Post by IslamDunk »

Hello, I abandoned a Retailiation Mission in June (8 soldiers with conventional shotguns and sniper rifles, no CC, while too many M2s on enemy side), so Advent immediately destroyed all rebels in West Africa. So there are 0 rebels in that region.

I assume the only way to get rebels is to receive a "Rescue Resistance Personnel" Mission with default mission detection rate by luck, but is there another way to get rebels so I can start a liberation?
Jacke

Re: Is there a way to resurrect 0 rebel region?

Post by Jacke »

If it's worth it, you could put in the highest rank soldier, preferably Officer, you can afford to spare. It'll take a long time but he will eventually recruit more rebels. It may be better for you to focus on other zones as it will take months.
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Soldiers will recruit new rebels if you set them as an advisor in that haven.
Frei_Ninjesus

Post by Frei_Ninjesus »

I actually had a haven wiped maybe a month ago in-game (details are fuzzy, might be a month, might be two). Last night my advisor in the region recruited a rebel. At least in that time the region went down from 8 to 4 strenght...
IslamDunk

Post by IslamDunk »

Just got a rebel with my Officer, thanks people!
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

I know that having experienced and officer-trained soldiers as haven advisors will increase the likelihood of detecting faceless, and that having a soldier as advisor helps with recruitment. But does the officer rank affect how much they influence recruitment? In other words, is there any difference in rebel recruitment if I have a Captain there vs. a 2nd lieutenant?

Thanks!
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Bill365 wrote:I know that having experienced and officer-trained soldiers as haven advisors will increase the likelihood of detecting faceless, and that having a soldier as advisor helps with recruitment. But does the officer rank affect how much they influence recruitment? In other words, is there any difference in rebel recruitment if I have a Captain there vs. a 2nd lieutenant?

Thanks!
No, soldier liaisons add 5% to recruitment per soldier rank, officer has no effect on that.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

chrisb wrote: No, soldier liaisons add 5% to recruitment per soldier rank, officer has no effect on that.
I'm not understanding the '5% (per rank)' part of that statement. So if you have a squaddie in a 0 rebel region, does that mean there's a 5% chance per Some Time Period to recruit someone (then further dice roll to determine if it's a rebel or rookie)? I don't know how this compares to a region that has just 1 rebel on the recruit job.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Bill365

Post by Bill365 »

chrisb wrote: No, soldier liaisons add 5% to recruitment per soldier rank, officer has no effect on that.
THANKS!
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Psieye wrote:
I'm not understanding the '5% (per rank)' part of that statement. So if you have a squaddie in a 0 rebel region, does that mean there's a 5% chance per Some Time Period to recruit someone (then further dice roll to determine if it's a rebel or rookie)? I don't know how this compares to a region that has just 1 rebel on the recruit job.
Each Recruit job in the region puts points in a bucket each day. When the bucket is full, you get a new recruit/rebel. The 5% per rank increases the number of points put in by 5% per rank.
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

Tuhalu wrote:
Psieye wrote:
Each Recruit job in the region puts points in a bucket each day. When the bucket is full, you get a new recruit/rebel. The 5% per rank increases the number of points put in by 5% per rank.
It would seem to me by that logic that if your haven is dead, a soldier regardless of rank is useless as an advisor. Because +5% or +10% or +30% more than 0 is still a whopping 0; that bucket ain't filling any time soon.
Last edited by Lyzak on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Lyzak wrote:It would seem to me by that logic that if your haven is dead, a soldier regardless of rank is useless as an advisor. Because +5% or +10% or +30% more than X is still a whopping 0; that bucket ain't filling any time soon.
The soldier also gives a flat bonus (that just happens to be equal to the number of points given by a rebel on the Recruit job).
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Tuhalu wrote:
Lyzak wrote:It would seem to me by that logic that if your haven is dead, a soldier regardless of rank is useless as an advisor. Because +5% or +10% or +30% more than X is still a whopping 0; that bucket ain't filling any time soon.
The soldier also gives a flat bonus (that just happens to be equal to the number of points given by a rebel on the Recruit job).
So if I'm understanding this all correctly... if a haven has 3 rebels on Recruit and a Lance-Corporal (i.e. 1 rank above Squaddie), that means:

(3+1)*1.05 points being put into a bucket every day.

Where '1 point' translates to 'exactly 30 days to fill the bucket if nothing changes'. Does the bucket empty if you change the jobs so nobody is on Recruit and the soldier advisor is removed?

Sidestory: just had to be my luck a haven with exactly 3 rebels (after faceless purging) would pick up 2 rookies in a row instead of more rebels. Then I put them on intel with Avenger scanning and lucked into a 6-rebel Jailbreak.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Each rebel is worth 3 points. A Soldier Advisor is worth 3 points AND a 5% increase per rank to all the points. This amount is accumulated daily. The math looks a bit like:

points += (rebels * rebel value + advisor value) * (1 + 0.05*rank)

Once you accumulate 100 points, the game assigns you a new guy (rebel, recruit, scientist or advisor. The last 2 only appear in liberated regions at a very low rate). I'm not sure if they then deduct 100 points or zero the pool.

30 days is roughly how long it takes to accumulate 100 points with a minimum of 3*1.05 per day (if you're trying to rebuild a region, you probably don't have a squaddie advisor though!). Also, any points already put into the pool before the event don't go away. With a MSGT, the maximum number of days spent would be 24.
sacho

Post by sacho »

Is there no randomization factor at all to this?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

sacho wrote:Is there no randomization factor at all to this?
No, none of the rebel income functions use any RNG.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

The presence of Faceless is also a factor. Each Faceless in your Haven reduces the effectiveness of all your jobs by a certain percentage. On Legend, it's 7% per Faceless.

Code: Select all

[LW_Overhaul.LWRebelJobIncomeModifier_LocalFaceless]
PCT_PENALTY_PER_FACELESS[0]=0.03
PCT_PENALTY_PER_FACELESS[1]=0.05
PCT_PENALTY_PER_FACELESS[2]=0.06
PCT_PENALTY_PER_FACELESS[3]=0.07
How many Faceless you have in a given haven is sort of random. Fortunately, when Faceless equal or exceed the number of Rebels in your haven by a ratio of 1 to 3, then they stop trying to infiltrate until you have more rebels. Of course, since you put a competent soldier in there to grow your haven fast, you'll probably detect any faceless that try to get in reasonably quickly.